Author Topic: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners  (Read 1437840 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners
« Reply #600 on: November 24, 2011, 01:59:25 AM »
The virus posts a lot of error messages that say your hard drive is failing, etc.  Then, you are blocked from getting into your files and most of your icons disappear.  A popup screen has a little Microsoft flag in the corner and it says it is a "System Fix."  It is impossible to delete the popup.  The screen directs you to do some security scans.  Then it says it cannot fix the system.  It says you need to buy an enhanced version of the program.  The victim orders the program by entering in their credit card number and secret code.  Nothing happens.  The victim has sent in their personal ID to the hacker.  This program caught my wife and she sent in the credit card info.  The virus eventually trashed her hard drive.  We replaced the hard drive and notified the credit people.

I did not know about Rosie's problem when I encountered the virus.  I noticed the little Microsoft flag icon was not correct when I saw the popup.  This told me there was something hokey happening.  I did not send any info and this evening I did a lot of scans, quarantines, and removal with Webroot.  I think I have cleared it from the system.  The computer works, sort of, and there has been a lot of damage.

This is a common virus.  Folks at my job have encountered it, too.  I have no idea where I am getting these viruses and there is no one at fault on Landracing.com, I am sure.  Hopefully this info will help you recognize the virus if your computer gets infected.  Modern life.  Isn't it fun?

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #601 on: November 24, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »
if I don't recognize an email , or who it's from , it gets deleted.
-- before opening.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:06:00 PM by saltwheels262 »
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #602 on: November 29, 2011, 01:50:03 AM »
That is my method now, too.  I do not open anything unless I know the person who sends it.

Right now I am having a hard time with the fairing.  Lots of hours are used up with little progress.  The problem is the hole in the front where the wheel sticks down through the fairing.  The hole is very big when I size it to accommodate the wheel swinging through the full steering arc and with full compression on the forks.  The clearance between the top of fender and the fairing edges is the issue.   

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #603 on: November 29, 2011, 06:58:16 AM »
Bo,
Can you put some temporary stops on the steering?  10* is all that's allowed for "A" class bikes, and I've not had a problem with that at Bonneville or Loring.  That should make the hole smaller.  On my bike, I am making the fairing without the fender, and I plan to cut away the back part of the fender, as required, to clear the fairing.  I plan a very small hole for air, or NACA ducts on the edges, if necessary.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #604 on: November 29, 2011, 07:28:08 AM »
Tom
SCTA is  15°   Rule 7.B.19
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #605 on: November 29, 2011, 05:31:05 PM »
Yes,
I stand corrected, 15 degrees for SCTA.  I can't even find the correct number for AMA!  It is, however, the maximum amount allowed for classes other than Production.
Tom

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #606 on: November 29, 2011, 06:15:32 PM »
not sure that a m a even has maximum swing specs for mc front ends.
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #607 on: November 29, 2011, 09:32:19 PM »
I dont remmember AMA with a number ... just cant use damper to stop travel

Offline joea

« Reply #608 on: November 30, 2011, 12:11:12 AM »
wobbly im sure you have already investigated this but wanted to mention
for whatever its worth...:  figure in  some compression of the forks and its
resulting change in fender edge to the hole, and or load the forks now, it can
be quite surprising how much that effects the clearance, much easier to make
accomodations now then later...

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #609 on: November 30, 2011, 01:41:24 AM »
The intent is to run FIM, AMA, or DLRA.  The DLRA allowed steering swing I do not know.  Some internet research will be done this weekend.

The inside calipers were set at the advertised 120 mm maximum fork travel.  They would not fit between the fender and the fairing in some places.  This showed me that there was a problem.  This evening I put the bike up on the lift, pulled out the fork springs, and put a wagon jack under the front wheel.  The wheel was lifted up to full compression and I swung it around from side to side.

What I saw was baffling.  There were some interference problems and they were in completely different locations than where I anticipated.  A front fender that is closer to the tire will solve a lot of these issues.  It is time to toss the armadillo style oldie and make a new one.  The family objects to this.  They say the goofy front fender is an essential part of the Triumph's identity and I must not get rid of it.  Tomorrow I will set the fork stops at 15 degrees each side and see how things look.

Thanks for the advice, all of you.  I am using it. 

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #610 on: December 03, 2011, 12:45:15 AM »
Bo
DLRA is  15°   Rule 7.B.19
Yep, same rulebook but for a few headings and Helmet specs

G

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #611 on: December 06, 2011, 02:02:56 AM »
Thanks, Grumm.  This weekend I will check and make sure it will turn 15 degrees each way.

My laptop was trashed by a phishing virus.  It took awhile to get it working.  I am not a nerdy guy.  A few things I learned.

1)  The garden variety virus protectors do not always protect against phishing.  Mine could not stop the attack.  It did work for scanning and cleaning the system.  I scanned repeatedly until three consecutive scans did not find anything.  Eventually I bought a top grade virus protector that is designed to prevent phishing damage.

2)  The virus protectors capture and quarantine the virus.  It is smart to write down the names of the captured viruses before they are deleted.  This will be handy later.  I used the names to figure out that a phishing attack was the cause of my trouble.

3)  Always check the hard drive condition before assuming it is trashed.  Windows has several tools for checking system health.  All said my hard drive was OK.  It was reprogrammed by the phishing virus and files were deleted.  I reinstalled the operating system and everything works OK.

4)  Internet Explorer has an option that prevents phishing attack.  It is not turned on by default.  A person needs to turn it on.

5)  Avoid all websites with the subject of "animals." 

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #612 on: December 06, 2011, 06:28:48 AM »

5)  Avoid all websites with the subject of "animals." 

Especially those with names like "wobbly walrus!"

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #613 on: December 07, 2011, 12:10:07 AM »
 :-D :-D Another mouthful of Tea gone right out my nose....... :-D :-D :cheers:

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #614 on: December 07, 2011, 05:33:08 AM »
I'm just using the free version of AVG and it picked up the virus and spat it out into quarantine.
However, I don't use internet explorer as it does stuff without asking. I'm using Firefox.
I also have the automatic updates turned off because they ***t me

As for running DLRA, if you have a SCTA rule book, you will be fine
We realize that we are not the only organization  that runs on a salt lake and so unlike another organization who will remain nameless
we allow people who have an SCTA license to run without having to re license.
Oh and if you want to run a 3 engine motorcycle streamliner over here, http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1314  that's OK too
G