Author Topic: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners  (Read 1438095 times)

Offline Cereal KLR

Re: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners
« Reply #1215 on: June 03, 2013, 03:50:44 PM »
I have done that method but only in emergencies. Found out some of the primary jets come with a tapered bore and this raises heck with them to drill em out. Even the reaming the crud out with wire can damage the bore.
I thought I would die young, but now its too late.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #1216 on: June 03, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »
When in 1963 I purchased a set of Enderles ($315 complete with pump) for my Street Roadster, my only car, they came with three bypass pills.  All were way too lean and I figured I had to make them smaller.  Didn't want to buy expensive racing parts, so I soldered them up, bought 3 number drills (at about $3 each) and drilled them out.  Radius?  We don't need no stinkin' radius.  Used them for 20+ years.  All I know is each produced a different result.  Later found out the factory ones were only $1 each.  Not the first or last time I outsmarted myself.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1217 on: June 04, 2013, 01:28:10 AM »
Grumm, how do you guys in AUS get all of those nice bikes?  British stuff is rare here, even the basic bikes like A65's and 750 Tridents.

Freud, Cereal, and Stan.  Don't worry.  There is this cinder cone here with a little hard lava plug sticking out of the top.  Titty Mountain.  The jet is the right size if the bike climbs Titty.  It is too big if the bike runs rich and sputters.  The jet is too small if I need to pull out the enrichener knob to make it up to the nipple.         

Offline Freud

« Reply #1218 on: June 04, 2013, 01:41:17 AM »
I've never before heard the term "pulling out the enrichener nob" when trying to get up to the nipple.

Your experience far exceeds mine.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #1219 on: June 04, 2013, 04:59:03 AM »
I've never before heard the term "pulling out the enrichener nob" when trying to get up to the nipple.

Your experience far exceeds mine.

FREUD

I need to learn this technique it might help me out? I should also start fishing from the company pier?

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #1220 on: June 04, 2013, 09:02:06 AM »
Well, Bo, if you can't get up to the nipple even by pulling on the enrichment knob, you might just have to choke the monkey.
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #1221 on: June 04, 2013, 09:11:03 AM »
Grumm, how do you guys in AUS get all of those nice bikes?  British stuff is rare here, even the basic bikes like A65's and 750 Tridents.

I guess nice bike is a relative term
I have to work on this stuff all the time. My day started with fitting an electronic regulator to a Velocette
Followed by a stinking Ducati 860 GTS
At least they were both clean
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Freud

« Reply #1222 on: June 04, 2013, 05:44:17 PM »
Now I know why it's difficult.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1223 on: June 09, 2013, 01:05:14 AM »
Hi Freud.  I havn't been posting much lately.  Lots of things are going on here with work and family.  What free time I have is going into the build.  The engine has been cc'ed.  It measures out to a 995 cc motor with 10.5 to 1 compression.  The motor is in the frame.  Right now I have that slight headache that comes with lack of sleep.  Pictures will be posted when my life gets back to normal.   

Offline Freud

« Reply #1224 on: June 09, 2013, 11:04:06 AM »
I read you all the time. I appreciate your Scientific Method approach.

Change only one thing at a time and you know what caused the change.

Good Job.

Tell the ladies HELLO.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1225 on: June 13, 2013, 01:13:38 AM »
Werner, my youngest boy, is a land speed racer.  He set an AMA record a few years ago in 175cc Modified Partial Streamliner, Production Engine.  He is here on leave between boot camp and infantry training school.  Look at You Tube "Marine Corps Chief Drill Instructor marches a Alpha Company platoon."  Werner is the short guy at the front of the row near the sergeant.  That row is his squad and he is the squad leader.  The sergeant is retiring and he wanted to march a platoon one last time.  Werner's was the best so they got the job.

The photos show him up in the woods on a trail ride.  He is much faster than me now.  The home made main jet worked perfect.  Mount Jefferson, an extinct volcano, is in the background.     

Offline Freud

« Reply #1226 on: June 13, 2013, 12:17:17 PM »
Wobbles......congratulations to You and Werner.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1227 on: June 13, 2013, 12:25:34 PM »
My only child is a daughter that didn't choose to enter the military.  That said -- I can only imagine the proud feelings you have for Werner.  I salute you -- and him.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Old Scrambler

• Going Fast - Slowly
« Reply #1228 on: June 13, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »
And an on-going THANK YOU for his service :-) :-)
2011 AMA Record - 250cc M-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 82.5 mph
2013 AMA Record - 250cc MPS-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 88.7 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 136.6 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 143.005 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 139.85 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 144.2025 mph

Chassis Builder / Tuner: Dave Murre

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1229 on: June 14, 2013, 01:23:16 AM »
Slim, Dennis, and Freud, I passed those compliments along to Werner.  He said he has not done anything yet in the way of service except for eating a whole lot of food and staying out of trouble.  The boys are influenced by Rose, who was a non-commissioned officer in the navy.  I was a civilian all my life.

Up until now I have been using advertised displacement and compression ratio.  This is not good enough for a serious effort.  I need some real numbers to use as a baseline while I develop this motor.  The calc sheets are posted.  The next few posts will show how I got the displacement and comp ratio.