Author Topic: Vintage Competition Coupe  (Read 2914 times)

Offline bearingburner

Vintage Competition Coupe
« on: June 08, 2009, 03:25:01 PM »
I don't have a 2009 rulebook but in the 2008 book after vintage classes it says that the class rules are identical to the respectyive Modified Category Classes.In comp. coupe I take this to mean that you could chop the top to a windshield height of5". However in the vintage rules it says they can have a "beauty chop" of 3". Which is it? Also in the modified section for comp coupe it says that streamlining is permitted from the cowl foward. In the vintage rules it says that thew same manufacturer grill shell as the body manufacturer must be used. This woul seam to perty much eliminate streamlining. The modified rules also say that the contour of the body cannot be changed. Does this mean that when you chop the top  you cannot "lay back" the windshield ?

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: Vintage Competition Coupe
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 04:57:34 PM »
The Creel (current president of SCTA)/Buck V4 coupe:

Looks like a 5" windshield (it's chopped way more than 3").   :-D

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline jimmy six

Re: Vintage Competition Coupe
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:46:48 PM »
I think your reading too much into the rules of vintage. I believe the beauty chop is for gas coupes,  other chopping is windshield vertical height. Go back and forth between what is allowed in for the specific class and how it relates to the catagory. It isn't too hard but you need to read both. Good Luck...........JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro