Author Topic: June 2009 Maxton Meet  (Read 15136 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: June 2009 Maxton Meet
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2009, 09:17:36 PM »
Got the bike loaded on the truck about an hour ago. Coming down by myself. Crew of one. Leaving Long Island at about 1000. Should be in Laurinburg by 2100 hours. I have a couple of audio books for the ride. Looking forward to the fellowship of land speed savants.
Joe

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2009, 09:20:05 PM »
Well, thanks, Deb.  I figgered you'd have a bumbershoot to keep the sun off me while I'm in staging -- but one of the two umbrellas we've got at the house is one that Wayne Pollack lent to us last October -- and this is now the third meet in a row that I've forgot to put it in the truck.  I was trying to sorta hide the fact that I've been forgetting his umbrella.  Ah, dang -- maybe we'll remember to take it to Bville and at least his brolly will have been there.

We're in Descending Testicle, West Virginia tonight -- should be to Pine Acres in time for supper tomorrow night.  See you soon.

Joe -- we're listening to a James Patterson book now -- have a John Grisham for the ride home.  Whatcha got in your vehicle?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 09:27:10 PM »
SSS ... Recnetly finished and I will bring:
"For Liberty and Glory, Washington, Lafayette and their Revolutions"
"Andrew Jackson"
"Union 1812"

You are welcome to them for your return trip ...

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 10:22:30 PM »
Don't worry Joe, you got crew this weekend  :-D
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »
Head'n for Sleepy Bear Campground in Lumberton now!  See you all at the track tomorrow!

Offline relaxedfit

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2009, 12:57:39 PM »
Descending Testicle? Is that where tke balls drop on New Years?
Ken Presson
Having nothing to do in shutdown is our goal

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »
Yeah, that's the place.  It's right near Pudenda, Tennessee.  See you tomorrow.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009, 05:17:54 PM »
Right after Intercourse, PA?

(That's Pennsylvania, not my father.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Larry Forstall

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 08:09:04 PM »
Intercourse is right down the road from me; the next town over is Bird in Hand  :roll:  Mark and Steve are leaving early AM and driving straight through. Mark will be racing "under pressure" this meet, but he can handle it.  :-D

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 08:12:56 PM »
Under pressure of what, Larry?  Or do we have to wait 'til we see the fellows and ask them?

It's a hot evening at the Pine Acres -- Nancy and I are going to sit out under the awning and read our bedtime stories before retiring to the air conditioned room.  No air conditioning at our house -- not needed up there.  Sure is donw here.  I expect it'll be hotter than blue hades at the track this weekend.  Last time I checked the weather it forecast 94 Friday, 96 Saturday, and 98 Sunday.  Good thing we brought lots of sport drink and a few dozen neck coolers.  We'll have them soaking in the ice chest -- so they'll be ready for instant use after purchase.

Best wishes to Steve and Mark.  They're always such an interesting pair to watch...
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2009, 01:56:50 AM »
I think what Larry's saying is it's a good meet to not run NA and (at least for Mark) he's bringing his own atmosphere with him(IE... an intake valve cooling fan of sorts).

We had some last minute "stuff"(read as non related race work) get in the way of packing, etc(THEY KNEW WE WERE GOING' RACIN' DAMMIT), and got out quite a few hours later then planned. So after a standstill traffic jamb 13 miles from our place on I95 we decided it would be good to just make it south of Richmond and within sight of the NC border before 2am(here we are, backup mission accomplished). So we've stopped for the night and will stake our airfield plot somewhere in the early afternoon with 3.5 bikes in tow (2 ready and one that may be ready for a pre "Mega Mile" test this weekend).

JW, get some sleep(that means let Nancy get some sleep!) and stay hydrated... we need you ready to get small and put your hernia doc's wrenching to the test first thing Saturday morning. Your ready for easy up 3rd gear wheelies (and you've got more gear then you had before). ;-)
If with the pisspoor weather we run the same as (or more then) the past, then we're on the right path for SW'09 time in Dan's neighborhood.

Can't wait to see everyone as always... still living vicarously thru Deb's versions and variations of what's being written on here,
Todd

Offline RansomT

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2009, 08:36:25 AM »
Darn!  :-(   Got the bike together late Monday night and put it on the dyno last night;  I've got some major issues to work out and it looks like I won't have everything ready for the event.  My "real job" is sending me to a meeting in Nashville on Thursday and I have to leave tonight...  I was hoping to have the 'Busa tuned and loaded in the trailer by now, but it didn't happen.

Well throw it all in the trailer & bring what ya got darlin! We're not going to fine-tune it for you to make it go faster ( :evil: ) but we will most definitely help you get it in safe running order so you can race! You know how it is, we want you out there even if you do go faster then us!
(NOT!)
 :-D
Debbie

PS: What's the current gremlin in case we can pack something to help you out.

I appreciate the offer, but some of the issues (gremlins) are somewhere deep in the head and I am afraid that I will run out of luck this time if I race.

Offline hotschue

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 08:55:12 AM »
Pulling out at 9:30 this morning should be there by 5 P.M.

See Ya!!
Udo Horn
221.559 D/CGC '03
182.144 G/GMS 2019

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009, 08:12:02 PM »
We are doing the midnight drive.  Leaving around 12:30.  See you all in the morning.
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009, 08:23:17 PM »
Three quick rain showers today, about three dozen bikes and about 25 cars.  We look forward to lots of runs in the next two days -- because of the low turnout.

See you all tomorrow morning.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com