Author Topic: June 2009 Maxton Meet  (Read 15131 times)

Offline White Monster

Re: June 2009 Maxton Meet
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »
15 more days before the June meet !!

Jon, happy that you're healing well and may be able to race the bike.
We are thrashing on the Firecracker to finish the fabrication and it is up in the air if we will be ready or not.

How's your junk ? 
What have you got left to do ?
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 09:26:58 PM »
15 days and all I have to do is bore, hone, deck, fit pistons to the chambers, assemble the engine, put it in the car, finish wiring it and dyno tune the injection.  Should be no problem....Oh and I'm of to Vegas for 3 days this weekend and some lake trip next weekend.  Guess I just won't sleep nights...
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline sabat

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 09:46:47 PM »
That's the spirit, sleep after the race.  :cheers:

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 01:21:43 PM »
Charles is breakin' my heart.  He has the perfect "E" motor sitting on a stand and it's financially out of my reach (and it's VERY fairly priced).  DAMN.  It would be PERFECT and might get me in the 2 Club with tweaking.  Oh, well.  I'll limp along with my inline.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 11:35:56 PM »
Alrighty then.  I changed my sprockets and put in some clutch springs all by myself!  Even think I got the rear wheel aligned decently using some string method I read about.  Stupid bracket with the alignment line moves back and forth so cant just go by ling that up.  I chickened out of changing the indent spring in the tranny though and will save that for the next shop visit.  Not a big deal since the only shifts I missed were when trying the clutchless method.  Oh yeah, almost forgot that I picked up a fog shield just in case...

Offline RansomT

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 11:24:02 AM »
Well, got carried away last night with the 'Busa.  Trying to track down my "tap" from the top end, thought it was the cam tensioner and to check the cam timing.  Pulled the engine, it wasn't the cam tensioner making the noise, nor the cam buckets.  Then I pulled the head, no sign of piston contact (tight quench) ... then I pulled the block split the case, no signs of nothing but a clean engine.

Then I realized that if I am going to race in June, I load the bike up in 8 days ... the engine is on the table in 1000 parts, now.   Oops!

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
Hey Ransom, take your time putting it all back together! Jon got the ok to race this meet and he & the bike are rip rarin to go!  :-P
 :evil:

:-D

Debbie
(ready for a rematch?)  :mrgreen:
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline RansomT

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2009, 08:39:31 AM »
Hey Ransom, take your time putting it all back together! Jon got the ok to race this meet and he & the bike are rip rarin to go!  :-P

Debbie

That I am doing, taking my time putting it back together ....  8-)

Jon won't have a chance this time .. I been practicing my wheelies, but good.  :wink:

On a more serious note:  If I do get the 'Busa back together, I won't be rolling in until early Saturday morning.  I have to work on Friday.

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 09:08:07 PM »
OK got the engine together and it is sitting in the car now!  Just have to wire the fuel injection, figure out a different crank trigger, figure out some kind of alternator since the factory one wont work with the setup, wire up some nitrous solenoids, dyno tune the thing and load it up in a few days...
Breaking Wind #9614

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009, 12:51:15 PM »

Debbie

Jon won't have a chance this time .. I been practicing my wheelies, but good.  :wink:

On a more serious note:  If I do get the 'Busa back together, I won't be rolling in until early Saturday morning.  I have to work on Friday.

We'll be waiting for you and this time I plan to have plenty of pictures of the battle! :evil: Bike is ready to roll and I'll be finishing it off with the high speed wax tonight!  :evil:
Ready to get your wheelie on?  :-D
Debbie

PS: Swing by our trailer if you need any help buttoning things up. ;) It's a lot more fun with the two of you playing! hehehe

Offline RansomT

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 08:16:55 AM »

Debbie

We'll be waiting for you and this time I plan to have plenty of pictures of the battle! :evil: Bike is ready to roll and I'll be finishing it off with the high speed wax tonight!  :evil:
Ready to get your wheelie on?  :-D
Debbie

PS: Swing by our trailer if you need any help buttoning things up. ;) It's a lot more fun with the two of you playing! hehehe

Darn!  :-(   Got the bike together late Monday night and put it on the dyno last night;  I've got some major issues to work out and it looks like I won't have everything ready for the event.  My "real job" is sending me to a meeting in Nashville on Thursday and I have to leave tonight...  I was hoping to have the 'Busa tuned and loaded in the trailer by now, but it didn't happen.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 09:23:11 AM »
Nancy and I are southbound right now -- about 9.20 Wednesday morning, and we're two hours south of the Mackinac Bridge.  It's another hot day -- nearly 80F already.  And -- we forgoto to bring an umbrella with us -- so I could shade Nancy from the hot sun.  Oh, the trauma of it all.

We'll be at the Pine Acres by tomorrow night.  Sure hope to see one and all this weekend, even if it is through a gloss of sunscreen.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 09:24:01 AM »
Ransom, if you're bored in Nashville thursday night you're welcome to come on over and help get this pig together!

Been working til 10 every night trying to get it together (which sucks since the shop is 95 degrees and I've been at it since 7:30 in the morn).  Every time I cross something off the list I add two more things.  Ran the fuel system last night and found a bunch of leaks.  Fixed most of those.  Got to finish the remaining wiring tonight and hope to fire it.  If not, then we get it running Thurs, dyno tune Friday morning and load it up.  At least I didn't wait til the last minute...
Breaking Wind #9614

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 09:24:51 AM »
Darn!  :-(   Got the bike together late Monday night and put it on the dyno last night;  I've got some major issues to work out and it looks like I won't have everything ready for the event.  My "real job" is sending me to a meeting in Nashville on Thursday and I have to leave tonight...  I was hoping to have the 'Busa tuned and loaded in the trailer by now, but it didn't happen.

Well throw it all in the trailer & bring what ya got darlin! We're not going to fine-tune it for you to make it go faster ( :evil: ) but we will most definitely help you get it in safe running order so you can race! You know how it is, we want you out there even if you do go faster then us!
(NOT!)
Debbie

PS: What's the current gremlin in case we can pack something to help you out.

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 09:27:42 AM »
Jon you're funny! You know we have an extra umbrella for you but I find it hard to believe that we'll find Nancy, the sun goddess, under an umbrella!

See ya soon! Hope you're ready to fly on the wheelie machine!  :cheers:

Debbie