Author Topic: Looking for racers to test supercharger pulleys.  (Read 4670 times)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
Looking for racers to test supercharger pulleys.
« on: May 27, 2009, 01:12:14 AM »
We have developed a system to prevent belt slippage on multi-groove style supercharger pulleys.
This will allow you to run more boost without converting to a cogged belt setup.
We pretty much know that this works as we have broken records in the NMRA Renegade class with these pulleys.
Believe it or not, it's not hard on the belt.

If you are a serious team, we can get you a pulley to test (free) if you promise to give us feedback and can use you in a testimonial.

Thanks in advance
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Freud

Re: Looking for racers to test supercharger pulleys.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:52:07 PM »
Rob, this is the car I spoke to you about.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:33:43 AM »
Hmmm . . .  Granite pulleys!  :cheers:

Do you have it in this color?
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 01:12:28 AM »
Hmmm . . .  Granite pulleys!  :cheers:

Do you have it in this color?

Ummmmmm, I don't get it.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline jl222

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 02:15:31 AM »

Grey Granite is the color of your pulleys, Dean is showing a 12 by 12 piece of granite tile available in many colors. Granite counter tops - HEADSTONES- etc, for Dean [ HERE LIES DEAN, WISE ASS TO THE LAST PASS] :-D

Hey Dean you in the tile business I started with Fast Freddy in 1959 for his dad and was in it till 2002 and still have my contractor license.

Those pulleys are a needed product and the cog belts are used by Procharger on our f-139 because the multi-grove pulleys would just slip.

Any advantage over a race type cog belt with your pulleys?

Good Luck JL222 :cheers:

I'll pass the word to Precision Auto in Fresno as they are now Pro-Charger dealers.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 02:30:29 AM by jl222 »

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 03:02:21 AM »
JL222, On a Procharger wouldn't it be better to have a little slip at Bonneville?  I heard that when you go to pedal the car if it doesn't slip a little the transmission in the head unit blows.  We are going to put a F2 head unit in my buddies car and was thinking of building some custom 12 rib pulleys and go away from the cog pulleys.  Any light you can put on this would be helpful.  Sorry to hijack the thread.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »
JL222, On a Procharger wouldn't it be better to have a little slip at Bonneville?  I heard that when you go to pedal the car if it doesn't slip a little the transmission in the head unit blows.  We are going to put a F2 head unit in my buddies car and was thinking of building some custom 12 rib pulleys and go away from the cog pulleys.  Any light you can put on this would be helpful.  Sorry to hijack the thread.  Tony

No. Definitely not. The belt is not a clutch. This is what a blow off valve is for.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline jl222

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »

Hi Tony

If pedaling blows the trans Bvillercr gave it a good test on our last run at EL Mirage last meet. Where are you hearing this [I think I know]

JL222

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 12:36:42 PM »

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 01:26:48 PM »

Hi Tony

If pedaling blows the trans Bvillercr gave it a good test on our last run at EL Mirage last meet. Where are you hearing this [I think I know]

JL222

JL222, Thanks breaking the myth!  Never ran a Procharger and wasn't sure about how the reaction of the transmission in the head unit would be.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 01:29:28 PM »
That run almost gave new meaning to the term "pedalling". lol
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 12:03:29 AM »

Grey Granite is the color of your pulleys, Dean is showing a 12 by 12 piece of granite tile available in many colors. Granite counter tops - HEADSTONES- etc, for Dean [ HERE LIES DEAN, WISE ASS TO THE LAST PASS] :-D

Hey Dean you in the tile business I started with Fast Freddy in 1959 for his dad and was in it till 2002 and still have my contractor license.

Those pulleys are a needed product and the cog belts are used by Procharger on our f-139 because the multi-grove pulleys would just slip.

Any advantage over a race type cog belt with your pulleys?

Good Luck JL222 :cheers:

I'll pass the word to Precision Auto in Fresno as they are now Pro-Charger dealers.

No performance advantage (at least I don't think). It just a cheaper, simpler fix to the the slippage problem.
Thanks for passing the word. We do appreciate.

496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline 64avanti

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 03:51:42 AM »
For which blowers have you made pulleys?