Author Topic: Requirements for a carbon fiber seat?  (Read 7528 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Requirements for a carbon fiber seat?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 04:19:21 PM »
check your PM
kent

Offline ISP

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 08:31:30 AM »
This solution has been solved many times over we do custom pour in place seats and offer a DIY kit that is not beaded and not flammable.

Our pour in place kit is the same foams used in our SFI certified head supports.

Take a close look at our drag racing and boat racing products.

No matter how good you think you are secured in your seat, you will be amazed on how much space is still in your seat.

If you cant make it then call us we can and do fabricate to keep you alive.

Scott Wydra
Web Admin
ispseats.com  

Offline jww36

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 11:40:18 AM »
Sam;
I may have a seat solution for you. I'm in the process of building a Gas Roadster, and like you, all of the production made seats I looked at were 90 degree seats. I acquired a carbon fiber Trans Am seat (ex Paul Gentilozzi). It has roughly a 30 degree incline, although that can be adjusted somewhat by raising or lowering the front mounting flange (i.e. your legs straight or your knees slightly bent). The seat is flanged 360 degrees for stiffness and rigidity. While I am not a seat expert, I am a metal fabricator, and this carbon seat is probably 5 times stronger than a .063 6061-T6 seat that is fully flanged.
I am 6 foot, and weigh 225 pounds, and with an SFI 3.2A/20 suit, I fit perfectly in this seat. Smaller drivers could simply add padding to the sides as needed. I showed this seat to Mike Cook at the last El Mirage meet, so I'm sure if you have any questions, he might be able to help you make a decision.
I hope to be able to make these seats for around $500, depending on materials.
John Weatherwax
www.CuttingEdgeMetalSpecialties.com

Offline jww36

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 11:42:46 AM »
Additional photo of my carbon fiber seat.
John