Author Topic: Diesel Truck Discussion  (Read 23216 times)

RWisner

Diesel Truck Discussion
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »
I have started this tread at the request of members in the El Mirage chat since a few of us have tread jacked there chat and got way of topic. Here is  the link for those ot up to speed on the discussion http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,5971.105.html. I figured since the rules in question were SCTA then what better place to put a rule disscussion.
 We just do not want to build our truck TO THE RULES and then be protested against when we show up at the salt. If we do not clear this up our speak up then when we show up to run everyone will say You can't run a S-10 any higher than a C engine in Diesel class. That is how the rule is written for GAS CLASS ONLY not diesel. So with that you read on at your own accord as strong opinions may be voiced

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Diesel Truck Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 05:16:46 PM »
the only problem i see there big boy is what computer code are ya planning to use?......
kent

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 07:15:24 PM »
Thats the very reason that SCTA has a rule and regulation section on their web site.
www.scta-bni.org located on the lower left side of the page. They in 99% of the cases will only give a official answer from them. Landracing is for general talk and directions to the right people in the racing venues. Many things are answered but they have the final answer to the rules.

You can also  submit a rule change request at the same site using their form.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

RWisner

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 07:19:55 PM »
It is the same engine mangement computer  that Curtis is running in the Goodfellow streamliner and has been using in his other race programs his company is involved in and costumer one off builds.

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 07:32:48 PM »
vehicle data codes   page 174   175   176                                    willie buchta

RWisner

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 07:41:26 PM »
Thats the very reason that SCTA has a rule and regulation section on their web site.
www.scta-bni.org located on the lower left side of the page. They in 99% of the cases will only give a official answer from them. Landracing is for general talk and directions to the right people in the racing venues. Many things are answered but they have the final answer to the rules.

You can also  submit a rule change request at the same site using their form.

Glen
We are not trying to change the rules for Diesel Truck class as the sit right now we are Legal to run. Curtis, Steve and I are mearly trying to correct misinterpritations by Pat and his own wording of the rules. Curtis has been in contact with SCTA and got the green light that his S-10 with a B Diesel Engine was legal to run for a record. This is not the first time this rule interpritation has come up between us and Pat was corrected by several other members of how the rule is written. If someone comes on here and states a rule incorrectly and no one corrects him, then when you get to the salt start going through tech and this individual comes by and starts to protest you running in his class, that in turn may cast a cloud over your head and we do not want that people thinking we are playing in gray areas of the rules

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 08:27:51 PM »
Let's confuse the issue even more -- Look at Rule 2.B, next to the last paragraph.

(I've even forgot what the question is.)

Bu I was told tha's why the one entry runs Blown (Diesel) Street Roadster.

News to me.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 09:14:36 PM »
Glad you brought up Diesel Street Roadster.

My buddy has an AUDI turbo-diesel out of a wreck and we were thinking of building a '27 T for H Diesel Street Roadster class.

Because it's a sidewinder, can we put it in the turtle deck?

It'd be a natural,  the half-shafts, hubs and brakes would probably line right up back there!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

slopoke

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 09:21:57 PM »
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 08:42:12 AM by slopoke »

slopoke

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 09:24:33 PM »
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 08:42:36 AM by slopoke »

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »
Sorry, you guys misunderstood.

-like Stan Back alluded to

H Blown Diesel STREET Roadster.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:06:00 PM by interested bystander »

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 09:41:58 PM »
And people make fun of the motorcycle classes. :-)
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »
Slopoke --

You be wrong (and I would have been, too).

Got the clarification from the top guy.  Read the rule -- I never had.

And IB -- I don't think it'll fit under the deck lid without modifying the body panel -- and there could be  a few other reasons, too.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 10:08:01 PM »
Maybe a roadster-pickup then.

Offline Steve Cole

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 01:53:06 PM »
I think if the rules people want a production pickup class then let's make it production as produced by the manufacture. No modifications other than safety equipment. That would really limit what could and could not be done and also cause the tech's to know and understand how each and every model was built. Sorry but I do not see how that's ever going to happen!

If Pat wants a production pickup class then that what he should have built, as his truck is far from how it cam from the factory, so other than a production size body that's all he has.

Pat ran on an open record so he like anyone else that has run on an open record sets the first record. After that all anyone needs to do is follow the rules and go break it, after all that's what has been going on for years at the salt! Trying to get the rules changed to protect his effort is just a bad way to go about it.