Misc Forums > NON LSR Posting

Nostalgia Drag Racing

<< < (2/8) > >>

theazoldcrow:
Sure won't be able to make that, just got back from a week at Elmo.  Can't do nothin till Speed week.  Also, your car is the Orange Crate?  Used to be a '32 sedan drag car, The Orange Crat et  hast Bob Tindle in Ore. or Wash. that used to run at our old White City Drag Strip in the early '60's.  Are you related to it or them?    Crow

4-barrel Mike:
Rod & Custom on the Orange Crate:

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/thehistoryof/1932_ford_sedan_custom_classic/index.html

The car's history goes back way before Tindle, although he made it famous (deservedly).  There are many pictures of it from drag racing in the 50's.

The magazine writer Albert Drake owned it for a while.

Mike

Milwaukee Midget:
The current issue of Hot Rod Deluxe has a bunch of shots of straight axle altereds of all stripes, including an AMC Marlin (!?!)

Indy's out for me - I'm working  :-P - enjoy the event!

theazoldcrow:
4 barrle Mike.  Thanks for that info on the Crate,  i kinda keep up with the stuff I remember as a kid in Ore. racing.   I have alot of infor on the Glass Slipper (Ed Cortopassi) but I can't find anything on the S. Ore Wheelers  "Zombie" cars.  #1 was a 3Cheissman coupe, #2 was similar but with a rear trunkhood full of louvers, and #3 was a front engine dragster, w/ pontiac, 6:71 jimmy blower etc.  Our driver back then ( the early '60's was Bub Hewitt.   Got antthing else on this?    Thanks again!    Crow

Calkins:
I'm not sure when the car was called 'Orange Crate'  Dale & Kat Suhr from Waterloo, Iowa own the car and Rogar 'Radar' Lechtenburg from Cedar Falls, Iowa drives it.  Dale was had a 'Hugger Orange' digger almost every year since '69.  Dale owns a machine shop that does alot of work for his old employer, John Deere.  Radar owns a cylinder head shop.  He did all of John Force's heads in the '90's until they started doing them in house.  He designed the Mopar B1 big block heads (in his little shop!) and right now is on contract with S&S to do ALL of the Pro Stock Buell heads in NHRA.  This car was brand spankin new in Febuary 2007 when I joined up with them.  It was built by Frank Parks at Neil & Parks down in Kansas, he also build the fastest FED owned by Jack Harris in California.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version