Author Topic: Museums?  (Read 2505 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

Museums?
« on: May 17, 2009, 02:45:00 AM »
There was talk a few weeks ago about starting a topic or site for racing related museums or collections that we might want to visit during our travels.  Was a topic or site made?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Museums?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 10:12:47 AM »
Okay, I'm slow this morning.  Just back from Maxton and all of that.  We did, indeed, talk about a museum site/Forum/thread here a few whiles ago.  What did we decide? 
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:05:09 AM »
I was the one that started that thread. Hasn't been a lot of follow up on it. It would need a tab or window that's easy to locate. When I asked the question my idea was for people traveling to/from events for a place along their route for a break in driving and a chance to see something new. There are all types of museums across the country. It's up to the readers to decide. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 02:44:38 AM »
There is a recent Walrus post in the non-land speed section about a flattrack museum in Clovis California.  It is intended for the proposed section.  The piece I read is in an English magazine.  There is interest in the British Isles in American land speed and flattrack racing.  Many articles are appearing in various magazines and folks are building street flattrack bikes.  No landspeed street bikes, yet.  Maybe we can put lights and plates on our lake bikes, race around town, and start a new trend?