Author Topic: 2500BHP MOSLER CAPABLE OF 300+MPH  (Read 3143 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
2500BHP MOSLER CAPABLE OF 300+MPH
« on: May 11, 2009, 09:03:21 PM »
I had to look to see if this was written on April 1st:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=19883

It sure wouldn't be a "production" sports car so it wouldn't qualify as a "GT" or "Modified Sports"; its engine displacement puts it into Class "B", turbos make it "Blown" and the odd fuel puts it into the "Fuel" category.

It has no parachutes and no regulation roll cage. It would need to have an on- board fire extinguisher system, etc as well as a NASCAR- type window net. It won't be allowed to run at Bonneville during Speed Week unless they make lots of modifications and even then there is no class for it.

Guiness has no credibility as far as automotive records are concerned-- it needs to be SCTA or FIA to mean anything. I'll be there at Speed Week this summer and if it actually shows up I'll be surprised-- but if it does, I'll take pictures.

This smells like a publicity stunt--- "IAD TITANIUM ROLLER CAMSHAFT WITH CERAMIC ROLLER CAM BEARINGS" etc.  Gimme a break!  :?

REgards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline interested bystander

Re: 2500BHP MOSLER CAPABLE OF 300+MPH
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »
The release certainly throws around the current trick and exotic terms . . ."Carbon Fiber" "Ceramic" "Titanium" "Catia" and on  to the point of nausea!

2500 hp out of a 381 is believable, though.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:01:23 PM by interested bystander »
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Stainless Two

• newest member of the 199.9 club :)
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:03:55 PM »
"IT'S CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR SEVERAL FEATURE FILMS, SEVERAL MUSIC VIDEOS, STILL SHOOTS, AND COMMERCIALS... AND LOT'S MORE!"

Sweet!  I heard snoop dog was having an "internal smoke and water intercooler" installed for his next video... :mrgreen:

Look at my new RED HAT!!!!

#278 1000CC APS-G 208.959MPH record
209.093 mph best time

pit bitch to #1000 Bockscar

Proud to be a Texan!  in San Antonio

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:11:52 PM »
Mosler races in Europe and Australia in the FIA GT3 class.  I think there are several entered for this years 24 of LeMans. Also I think there might even be one racing in ALMS.  If the FIA already recognizes it as a GT3 car.  It should be eligible for FIA records as a GT car, along with others in the class like the Porsche and Ferrari.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Stainless Two

• newest member of the 199.9 club :)
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 11:45:15 PM »
My favorite quote is in the cockpit section...

"REGISTERED AS A "HYBRID" VEHICLE DUE TO THE MULTI-FUEL ENGINE....
I WILL GET TO DRIVE IN THE DIAMOND LANE..... HA! HA! HA!"

Imagine the (envious) looks it will get from the Prius crowd :)
Look at my new RED HAT!!!!

#278 1000CC APS-G 208.959MPH record
209.093 mph best time

pit bitch to #1000 Bockscar

Proud to be a Texan!  in San Antonio

Offline jl222

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 11:52:33 PM »
  It would be interesting to see how they machined in cooling passages in the billet heads and block?
 And saving money on chassis assembly and machining a titanium oil pump? One cam and 32 valves ?

JL222 :roll:

Offline Randall Parker

• Yup, I'm a Baby Boomer!
  • My Boss 429 KK2159. bought it from the Breedlove's
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 03:17:47 AM »
I know Warren Mosler.  I used to build WSC cars for him in 1996.  He manages the largest off shore bond fund on the planet.  His fees for managing that fund exceed $15m a month.  He owns Mosler Automotive strictly as a Tax shelter.  It is located on Flamingo Ave in West Palm Beach Florida.  He developed this business in the heart of the worst gang area in West Palm, then he hired the gang leader right out of the Florida Penal system for murder.  Vandalism stopped on his buildings and equipment.  However everyone vacates the area at 5:00 precisely.  His choice was pay large amounts of taxes or start businesses and expand them.  Mosler automotive loses at least $250,000 a month.  He will build these wild cars for millions of dollars and sell them for hundreds of thousands just to have the fastest "Production" car.  His cars are nothing like production. Those numbers are what I know of in 1996.  It could be anything now.  He has a warehouse with more than 300 cars in it then.  He calls it the "Mausoleum".  I saw a 917 Porsche still in the as raced condition.  GTP cars of many makes and vintages under tarps or just dusty.  Same with Riley and Scott WSC cars.  Many Consuliers.  No Ferrari or Lamborghini except for a lone 1977 308 steel bodied Ferrari.   He owns his own restaurant that he is virtually the only customer.  Same with his bank.  Interesting guy, obsessed with physical fitness.
The Faster you go the longer you live...it's just physics.

Blue

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 08:45:37 PM »
It's a very interesting car.  Lots of power, lots of rubber, and not a lot of adjustment built in.  For LSR, they would probably have to flatten out all of the aero in the pursuit of low drag and this will limit acceleration.  Providing they add the roll cage and fire extinguishers, they are perfectly legal as a blown fueler in their displacement.