Author Topic: Dodge Rampage  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
Dodge Rampage
« on: May 10, 2009, 11:43:45 AM »
Well, I'm always learning new tips, tricks, and ideas here.  So, if front wheel drive is such a good thing, how well would a Dodge Rampage work?  A Mopar guy here built a few 'Shelby' Rampages.  He would take a stock Rampage and transplant a Shelby Charger drivetrain (2.2L Turbo 4 & Getrag 5-Speed).  I guess it would fit into F/BMMP (2L-3L/Blown Modified Mini Pickup).
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline RichFox

Re: Dodge Rampage
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 02:29:40 PM »
I have always wondered if the Rampage would fall under the same ruling as Ranchos and El Camimos.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:39:34 PM »
The Rampage was based on a car chassis just like a Ranchero or El Camino. If you are thinking about runing one of these best to call SCTA and get a ruling before you start. Email Bobby Sykes Jr. at drylakes207@yahoo.com, he is the Coupe and Sedan Category Chairperson.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 09:42:29 PM »
Thanks Tom.  I don't think I'd be running one.  That guy has a package deal of a wrecked Shelby Charger and a project Rampage that already has the Shelby driveline, $1500 if I remember right.  I first asked about it almost ten years ago, the price is still the same today.  Bad thing is that they are still sitting out in the weather, and in an unknown condition.  Could be fun!

I don't think 300 WHP is hard with the 2.5L motors.  Mopar did it with a LeBaron years ago.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:46:59 PM by Calkins »
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA