Author Topic: Whats happening with Turbinator  (Read 4579 times)

landracing

Whats happening with Turbinator
« on: February 20, 2004, 01:14:00 AM »
Anybody hear what is happening with Vesco's Turbinator. I heard Rick was going to have it on the salt one last time, I heard they were finding people to drive, I heard off to a museum?

Any info ?

dwarner

Re: Whats happening with Turbinator
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »
Jon,

The Turbinator is a significate part of the the LSR display currently at the Peterson through June 1st. Don't have any info as to Rick's plans, he didn't voluteer anything at the opening night dinner party.

Offline clark kane

• New folks
Re: Whats happening with Turbinator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »
as was stated in the prior post it is on display.. Rick is trying to get his home built. This must take presi8dent over the turbinator. As far as it running again we must realize that the motor repair will be in the neighbor hood of 40 to 50 thou. to get ready and the fact that their may be a tire problem. Not to mention a driver problem.  I personaly would be surprised to see it ever run again. I hope we will be able to see it on display again. The vehicle is worth a very thorough study by any one intrested in 500 mph speeds.  There are 3 lifetimes spent in the developdent and building this very remarkable machime. I hope people will be able to study it and talk with Rick about its developement.  Clark