Author Topic: Event Gas  (Read 4968 times)

Offline mdcrose

• New folks
Event Gas
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:30:40 AM »
What octane gas is available as event gas?  Is the same brand available each year?

If I bring my own gas, say VP C16, would that put me in a fuel class?

-Michael

landracing

Event Gas
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:42:18 AM »
yes you can run your own gas like the vp fuels, however no matter what it is if you bring it, it will put you in the fuel class.

ERC brings all different fuels to the event. One of those fuel is classified as the event gas. I am not sure on octane rating for it. Rick brings out a good variety of feuls from I think 107 octane to 118 octane.
ERC 110
A8C

are two that I know of.

Jon

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Event Gas
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 12:51:19 PM »
I've got ERC's brochure here, and there are seven "flavors" of gas listed, including the basic 110K, A8C, and some others.  I don't remember just how many of these are at the Salt -- but I'm pretty sure that the racer has a wide selection of fuels available that are legal in gas classes.  Rick & Les will help you select one if you're not sure -- and, if I'm right, they'll seal the tank if the fuel they've just put in is legal in a "gas" class and if you ask 'em to seal it.  

In other words -- don't forget to ask for a seal if you want to be in a gas class.  No seal?  No gas class, end of discussion.  And -- if you ask 'em to seal it and they've just filled you with alky or nitro -- they won't seal it.  Be ready for JD or Dale or someone to draw a sample from your tank if you're in gas class, too.

I'm not sure if the unleaded fuels are all gas-class legal, though I've run their MUL-A and got a record, so that one must be...
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Rob Hilton

Event Gas
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 01:56:22 AM »
Be sure to purge the system of all pump gas, if you don't ,you may find that you may not pass the gas test, because mixing the two will screw
up the test meter readings and cause the gas to fail. If in doubt, have the gas test before you run, by Motorcycle Tech.

Offline mdcrose

• New folks
Event Gas
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 12:02:50 PM »
Thanks guys.  I am totally new to all this and don't want to overlook something and drive all the way to the salt flats and not be able to run or not be in the class I want to be in for some reason.  I think I am going to go be a spectator at Maxton a few times while my car is under construction.

Offline Freud

Legal fuel
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 12:28:59 AM »
Go to the  fuel truck  with your  tank drained and the fuel lines disconnected. Then they  will have no doubt  about what's in the tank. Leave home with an empty tank and you can run on their gas.
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Re: Event Gas
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 09:50:16 AM »
I know this thread is more than four years old -- but I didn't want to start another just 'cause I was too lazy to search the archives.

I emailed Rick Gold, from ERC Fuels -- the event fuel supplier at SpeedWeek, World of Speed, and World Finals.  Here's what he told me about what "gas class" fuels he'll have out the in '09:

"THE 4 GASOLINES WE BRING TO BONNEVILLE ARE:
ERC 110K
A19A
A8C
MUL/B
ALL THESE ARE DESCRIBED IN DETAIL ON OUR WEBSITE: www.ercracingfuels.com .  NOTE THAT THE DESCRIPTIVE SECTION UNDER MUL/A APPLIES TO MUL/B WHICH HAS SUPERSEDED IT.

ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS, JUST LET ME KNOW.

THANKS JON.

RICK GOLD - OWNER
ERC RACING FUELS
PH: 510-276-9334 - X18"

There -- that ought to help out those who are wondering about what will be available.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »
And Rick will help you pick the one's that right for you.  He'll ask you some pertinent questions, and he knows the territory, and he'll genuinely help you.  He won't try to "sell" you anything you might not need.

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »
Oh, yes he can help.  And -- take a few (or all) spark plugs from the engine and let him help you read them.  He -- and anyone that's working in the fuel truck with him -- can give you lots of guidance.

And -- the ERC race t-shirts have about the most vibrant colors of any shirts.  Leave room in your budget for one or more of 'em.  You can usually get outdated shirts at a discount, too, in case you're shopping for all of the grandchildren or the entire class at school.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 01:07:21 PM »
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)