Author Topic: Tiger Racing offers Sneak Preview of new paint job  (Read 16688 times)

Offline joea

Re: Tiger Racing offers Sneak Preview of new paint job
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2009, 12:55:44 AM »
.......its all nice that we are giving our two cents to guy...

BUT.......no one knows his program and aspirations as he does....

no slight shiptee......its so not fun having your stuff aired out
on net..........

220's 230's be damned.....

heres to ya Guy.....

Offline shiphteey

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2009, 08:15:28 AM »
Joe,

I wasn't sure I follwed what you said.  If you were thinking I was "airing out" his stuff that wasn't my intentions in the least.  I was just giving him a pat on the back to get back on the horse and reminding him that he still has it pretty good.  I'm sure we'll see more speed out of him in October.  Sometimes it helps to have things put in perspective when you're disappointed or angry about a situation.  Some of us would kill to go that fast in the standing mile.   :evil:

A.
Gemini Motorcycles
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville;
203.85 @ the Maxton Mile
207.2 @ Maxton -- NAKED
200.2 mph @ TX Mile
195.6 mph on GPS @ the 9/10ths
9.4 @ 157 in the 1/4

Offline Warp12

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2009, 09:55:32 AM »
I don't think anyone is really giving Guy a hard time. When you put your business on the internet, you are bound to illicit more than .02 in responses...I find that I usually get about $100 of response, when I would have preferred .01.  :-D

I see Guy pointing out three primary areas of change:

1) Royal Purple Oil
2) APE Crank
3) Cases Modified By Rick Stetson

It would seem that each of these changes were very proven modifications/adjustments. So, I think it is very important at this point for everyone (the vendors and Guy especially) to figure out exactly what failed. By blanketing those 3 items exclusively, it would seem to cast a negative light on the products or services of the above vendors.

I have a crankshaft in my own bike that has modified oiling, and some mods to the oiling system. Will it be prone to failure? Should I have some doubt about it's reliability? Should I avoid Royal Purple oil from now on? I'm trying to learn as much as I can from Guy's misfortune.

At any rate, good luck with it Guy! I hope to see you flying in October!  :-)

Shane
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:00:28 AM by Warp12 »

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2009, 08:11:35 PM »
Thanks all, JoeA nailed it though.  Ali, I'm so  proud of your accomplishments.  And on a 12 to boot.

Since everyone takes everything with the grain of salt, my program has been in the making since 2002 when I started racing LSR.  Ali, I started with a 40hp tuneup and have kept changing things from there.  Small steps are wonderful, but I'm not interested in small hp gains or small mph gains.  My goals are lofty, 240 on the juice.  There are certain physics requirements to attain that and I would like to do it while I'm still alive.  I just watched Modern Marvels on the History channel last night where they showed Fast machines.  I watched a jet hydroplane go over 300mph on the water and the guy spent his entire life trying to do it.  My life timeline is shorter than his.  So major changes are needed and small steps just won't cut it.  I didn't get to run on nitrous Saturday only 2 motor runs.  Sunday was the only run and I wasn't going for broke, it just happened that way. 

For the record, I am going back to tried and true proven items like my stock cases, Kendall oil and my old crank.  If Royal Purple, wants to invest in my motors, I will continue to test their products along with Rick Stetsons cases and Jay's cranks.
Rick has been doing these cases for years and DaveO used them exclusively.  Royal Purple has been around for years and many racers use the oil.  No nitrous boys that I know of and I'm not sure any turbo boys either but it is a proven synthetic oil.  Jay knows how to make cranks and I only use Jay at APE for my cranks.  My old crank is an APE crank.

As I said earlier, I think it was a combinations of events that happened and I don't have the resources to continue trying these items again.  I wil stick to what I know works for me and my program with my tuneup on my bike.

Just because I feel these items didn't work for me, don't apply my unscientific quantifications to your program.

And for those of you that went fast at Loring, an 18mph tailwind on a 1.5 mile track was awesome.  Can't wait for another shot at it.

Guy
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:14:28 PM by 2fast4u2c »
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2009, 09:32:19 PM »
yeah its safe squeezing small shots...... but all the glory goes to those who go big... just ask people like Afrons, or Breedlove, etc, about going big ...... where would the sport be if we all shot small...
kent

Offline 2fast4u2c

« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2009, 08:20:30 AM »
yeah its safe squeezing small shots...... but all the glory goes to those who go big... just ask people like Afrons, or Breedlove, etc, about going big ...... where would the sport be if we all shot small...
kent
300mph on electric... GO baby go!

Tiger Racing

Offline half-fast

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2009, 03:50:01 PM »
JoeA, Hope you did not think that I was 'airing out' anything about Guy. I think the world of Guy and usually give him a little about a certain tactic that when Guy first told me about, I thought he was pulling my leg, until I actually saw him do it.

Guy and I talked a very little at Loring mostly about N20 because I have a half mind to try it, but it pays to learn from others experiences, he did share with me the most common failure mode(s) and opined at the time it was always a certain failure modality. One that I can niether afford to carry or obtain parts for in the first place as my 'stuff' is almost 40 years old and relatively abandoned by time.

Guy, if you felt I was inappropriately 'airing anything' out, I apologize.

Offline 2fast4u2c

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2009, 03:54:17 PM »
If I was offended, you'd hear about it.  This is conversation were having, thats all.

Tiger Racing

Offline half-fast

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2009, 04:02:54 PM »
I'm glad about that! Now back to the program, how about a pic of that visor.... :-D

Offline 2fast4u2c

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2009, 04:11:15 PM »

Best I can do.

Tiger Racing

Offline joea

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »
no worries guys.......

i could relate abit with Guy......