Author Topic: El Mirage 5/16/09  (Read 41648 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: El Mirage 5/16/09
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2009, 02:07:35 PM »
Ryan, we didn't do that well.  We did get bumped up to 79 in the line up, but traction is a problem.  We were in a hurry because we didn't hear the call for 200-225 or what ever the call was.  We heard the call for the third round and we were still in the pits.  Our next trip to El Mirage will be after Bonneville and our starting number will be awful again.  Hope to meet you at speed week. :cheers:

Offline Bville701

« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »
Ryan, we didn't do that well.  We did get bumped up to 79 in the line up, but traction is a problem.  We were in a hurry because we didn't hear the call for 200-225 or what ever the call was.  We heard the call for the third round and we were still in the pits.  Our next trip to El Mirage will be after Bonneville and our starting number will be awful again.  Hope to meet you at speed week. :cheers:

I know how it gets when your racing.     :cheers:   I think traction was a problem for just about everyone.   :-o

I hope to meet you at Speed Week as well.    :cheers: 
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

RWisner

« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »
Pat

I you should read the SCTA RULEBOOK again I have not seen any rule that states a S-10 cant run as Diesel engine bigger than a C. I believe you are twisting the words of the rule to suit your needs, the only rerason no one has ever ran a mini truck in the B and above catagories is the fact that there was not a engine that could make power in that class to run fast lets face facts the 7.3 power stroke not easy to make BIG power GM's 6.5 again not easy for BIG power and I give Heath diesel a thumbs up for doing it I would have pulled my hair out trying that, now a Cummins is at the upper limit of a C class and you can make tons of power with it so it was a natural choice for many hence Hookers LUV and Banks Dakota.
Now on the sence is the common rail Duramax and Power stoke so now I believe you will be seeing more of these in minis with at least B engine in them because now there are real potential in these power plants and in true LSR you put a big engine with big power and put in a small vehicle and hold on for the ride.

Now with out sounding like a personal attack on you I hope you see 200mph in Casper and hope it at least holds together this time, but to see 273 as the Casper sits now will be if not then next to impossiable the air moving around that truck at that kind of speed would make it very unstable I mean a Corvette IIRC is areodynamic enough to go around 240 with out any type of spoilers on the car and you want to go 30mph faster in a full size truck. If you do reach that speed it will be in a modified diesel class where spoilers and other Areo mods are allowed. Even if in a year or two you do get your sperate "Production Truck" class you will still have the second fastest Duramax Powered pickup truck on EARTH.

RWisner

« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »
Now for my opology to everyone else here caught reading this bickering between us. It goes back a few years for the 3 of them and you all know who I'm siding with. Pat is now just realizing he brought a knife to a gun fight, we are building a truck to the rules as they are stated we do not have a secert rulebook or access to any info that was not avaiable to Pat when he decided to go LSR. The only reason we are taking a public stand against him is simple if you do not stand against a tyrant then the tyrant wins. If you do not stand against him now later is always harder. If you think the word tyrant is harsh than you do not know him as some have. He will keep this complaining up til he gets his way and you give in to his demands of changes, so think about give an inch and next it will be a mile

Offline joea

« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2009, 04:02:29 PM »
i for one appreciate the "airing out".....of differences of opinion....

not all do, but there are some of us who enjoy the drama and the more
details the better.........

it may affect others now and in the future.....

the information is often enlightening....

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2009, 04:03:47 PM »
Maybe you should read your rule book. Mid and mini pickup, modified or production may NOT run anything larger than a C motor.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Col_Klink

• New folks
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2009, 05:23:57 PM »
Deleted post.  I was in error and I apologize for the post.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 06:18:55 PM by Col_Klink »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2009, 07:06:10 PM »
"Maybe you should read your rule book. Mid and mini pickup, modified or production may NOT run anything larger than a C motor."

Those are GAS classes.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Dmax65

« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2009, 07:41:06 PM »
"Maybe you should read your rule book. Mid and mini pickup, modified or production may NOT run anything larger than a C motor."

Those are GAS classes.

Stan

You're absolutely right Stan. There's not much cross-over if any between the Production or Modified truck rules and the Diesel Truck rules. We revert to Gas Coupe rules on body mods and the book clearly states up to a AA engine.
Believe me when I tell you, I do wish all the best for Pat and I have all the confidence in the world that he will be over 200 this year, and to do it with a production truck stock body is outstanding, will be quite an accomplishment. We will not be at Speed Week with our truck as we have committed to being there for another team to make sure they do well. Our race team however does have a target and a plan to run various engine combinations from E all the way to AA over the next few years. The truck will run in both gas and diesel and hopefully at the same event which should be interesting. We have some great technology to flaunt and will take advantage of the aerodynamics available to us as written in the class rules.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, perhaps the time is right to have a production class in trucks, rather than trying to rally the troops to change the rules to suit one individuals effort.

Putting things into perspective to some who haven't known the history of this sore spot....

So what would you think of someone running a 2/3rd's scale roadster?  66% of the frontal area of OEM? 

There are subtle aero differences and there are huge ones.  With trucks, they tend to be huge.

Nobody even dragraces the duallies seriously.  They give up a full second against the SRW trucks.  Yeah, you could LSR a duallie.  And you'd find out why they lose 3-4mpg highway to the SRW trucks at the same weight.  We call them Fat-Bottom Girls.

It's like complaining that someone is running a BB Chevy or Hemi in a roadster and it didn't come stock with one....totally bogus. I thought the sport was trying to push the speed envelope....not limit it. We are setting out a plan to run this vehicle beyond the limits set by previous trucks and raise the bar if we can. We will run within the rules written in the book, not the rules rumored on the internet.
Curtis Halvorson

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2009, 11:15:41 PM »
OK, ENOUGH OF THIS B.S ON THIS THREAD!!!  TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE, I AND PROBABLY MANY HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF IT!!! :evil:

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2009, 12:38:50 AM »
Agreed!  Crow
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2009, 12:41:19 AM »
Same here...take it elsewhere please..if you have a problem with anyone here send them a PM please.

J

Offline Chicane

• New folks
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2009, 12:44:15 AM »
Same here...take it elsewhere please..if you have a problem with anyone here send them a PM please.

J

Or... just put them on a leash ??

Offline joea

« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2009, 09:12:58 AM »
i like learning more about what some of the details are with
respect to different classes.......more informed drama is ok with
me........

it will add to the experience for me on the salt....

just like knowing more little details makes watching indy or nascar more
interesting.......

RWisner

« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2009, 11:36:17 AM »
At your request I have moved our discussion to a new venue http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,6076.0.html. I believe kepping this disscussion public is better than going private as it may affect others who are considering building a Diesel truck. While opinions were voiced and alittle bickering was done I do think it was better than being left unsaid