Author Topic: WOS schedule details  (Read 3828 times)

Offline TouringComet

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered streamliner
WOS schedule details
« on: April 29, 2009, 01:10:35 PM »
The announced dates for 2009 are the 16th - 19th.  Is the salt accessible on the 15th to set up pits?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: WOS schedule details
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »
I'll respond with a definite probably, but I guess you should wait for Wes or someone else in the USFRA to confirm.  The event is usually on Wednesday through Saturday, and the 16-19 coincides with those days, and it's pretty usual, I think, to open on the Tuesday before to let folks start setting up.

Wes, Tom, anyone -- am I right?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Wester

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 12:11:25 PM »
This was the way we ran things last year and I see no difference for World of Speed in 2009 other than the dates which I have changed.

The pits will be open on Tuesday, September 15 for set up and inspection.  Driver's meeting on Wednesday, September 16 at 9:00 a.m. and racing as soon as everyone drives the course and clears that area.  The pit exit will close at 5:00 p.m. daily and hopefully all the cars in line to run will be able to go through the clocks before it gets too dark for safety.  Record return runs at 8:00 a.m. on the 17th, 18th and 19th.  Any record qualifying runs on Saturday will get a return run as soon as possible after 12:00 noon.  The 130 Club course is scheduled to be available each morning as soon as record return runs are finished.

Offline TouringComet

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered streamliner
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 07:33:03 PM »
Thanks, Wes and Slim.  Guess I'll arrive the night of the 14th, then.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:14:46 PM »
Here's a reminder that pre-registration for World of Speed 2009 ends soon.  Entries must be postmarked by 15 July to pay only $350.  After that date, and at the door, the cost will be $525.  For further information go to the home page of this site and click on the USFRA (left hand side of the page, along with all of the other venues/organisations) to get to their pages, including the registration form, medical, and so on.  Best wishes, and we'll look forward to seeing you on the Salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 03:15:58 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Jon. I had forgotten the deadline. Gotter done and in the mail today. :cheers:

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing