Author Topic: Classification question for 1957 Corvette  (Read 14506 times)

Offline Bville701

Re: Classification question for 1957 Corvette
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 02:59:34 AM »
JHotnuts,

No reason to apologize. You weren't being a D**K.  :cheers:

The great thing about this sport is that everyone has different ways of doing things. The reason I said to add weight is because this is what works for us. IMO, I tend to think (depending on the situation at hand) that I would prefer to add weight before adding a wing or aerdynamic device. IMO adding weight (in certain cases/classes) produces less drag than a wing or aerodynamic device. Again this is just my opinion, and it is my opinion because it has worked for us.

On the flip side, my good friend Seth Hammond added a wing to his modified roadster and did very well with it, but he also had quite a bit of HP to play with. So, like I stated in the beginning of this reply, it all depends on what's going to work best for your racing application.   :cheers:
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: Classification question for 1957 Corvette
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 03:15:29 AM »
yeah, heart is set on sbc because I have 4 of them laying around and figured I would use what I have and save a little $$$$ because its gonna get expensive quick.

ain't no-one here gonna dispute that , if it costs as much as you thought it would you must have forgotten something( like some of the money you spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.