Author Topic: Buddy Robinson (Rocky's Brother) is on the mend...  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Buddy Robinson (Rocky's Brother) is on the mend...
« on: April 23, 2009, 09:07:31 PM »
Many of you might know of my brother Buddy. He's been to most of our record attempts and is an airplane nut. You may have seen him in his Nanchang (military warbird) or his Cessna 210. He helped us swap motors in the Ack Attack at the Top 1 Shootout which helped make it possible for us to up the ante in 2 wheel racing. My brother was involved in a serious airplane crash about 8 weeks ago and is on the mend. He loves flying, loves anything fast (cars, motorcycles, airplanes) and has been there for me as long as I can remember. In the early days driving my first streamliner, Buddy bought me a new firesuit so I could be safe out there racing when no one else would. I've written a small tribute to him in my blog and it also gives an update on how he's doing.

If you get a chance, take the time to read the blog and maybe leave a comment for him to read ( I know he'll be checking in once I tell him what we did). Everyone has loved ones and I'm sure all can relate when things go bad. He's doing pretty good now, but still has a long road ahead. Here's the link:
http://www.rocky-robinson.blogspot.com/

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Buddy Robinson (Rocky's Brother) is on the mend...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:37:26 PM »
Rocky, sorry to hear Buddy was hurt. These things are always hard to take for family and friends. We wish him a speedy recovery. Our prayers are with all of the family.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Buddy Robinson (Rocky's Brother) is on the mend...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:19:59 PM »
Sorry to hear about Buddy's crash, sounds like he is doing OK.  Tell him we all wish him a speedy recovery and be sure to come to the salt and buzz the pits again, it was a great eye opener
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O