Author Topic: Official "Thanks to the Volunteers!" Thread  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

Official "Thanks to the Volunteers!" Thread
« on: May 18, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »
It's impossible to fully express our thanks to the team of volunteers who hung in there in spite of the weather.  I'd list all the great folks who helped but I know I'd miss someone, so let me just issue a general "THANKS to ALL"!  We had a HUGE oil down and we got lots of folks to chip in on the oil dry shuffle - racers, crew members, spectators, and the volunteer staff.  A reminder - when the rod leaves the block, SAFELY pull to the right as soon as possible!  (In fairness, I think it took the driver a while to figure out what had happened).  Folks also chipped in to sweep water off the track on several occasions.

A nice Jimmy Shine story.  He was there to drive the Jessel roadster, and got a 200 MPH club hat.  AND he was right there with everybody else, sweeping the track and shuffling the oil dry.  A real regular guy.

It would be helpful if volunteers would shoot me an Email before the meet and tell me if you're coming.  That way I can build a schedule and have a better idea of who is staffing which post.

Again, thanks to all and we'll see you next meet!

Dan Stokes
Volunteer Coordinator, ECTA
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline relaxedfit

Re: Official "Thanks to the Volunteers!" Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 12:55:11 PM »
Dan'
What e-mail addresss would you like our responses sent?
Ken Presson
Having nothing to do in shutdown is our goal

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:49:40 AM »
The one on the ECTA-LSR.com is fine.  I think that's stokes_dan @yahoo.com, but that was posted so long ago that I don't exactly remember - the price for growing old!  Think that's the one I used, though.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline White Monster

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 05:48:57 PM »
Thanks a lot Dan.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the entire Starting Line team that helped make it all happen;

Mark,
Luke,
Matt,
Seth,
Marcie

We managed to fit in 296 runs down the track and the meet went very smoothly, considering several shut downs for rain, a 3/4-mile "oil down" cleanup and the meet being called on account of rain at noon on Sunday.

Couldn't have done it without you all !!
THANKS !!

Poor Al will mend and we hope to see him for the June meet, but I don't think he will be strapping down the harnesses or even yelling much.  Our thoughts are with you brother ...
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !