Author Topic: new website  (Read 3335 times)

Offline willieworld

new website
« on: April 21, 2009, 12:13:14 AM »
Hello everyone. Willie and I have put up a website for the Gear Grinders. We have never done this before but it has been pretty fun doing it. We had a problem with the pictures being to light, as we had here. Finally figured it out. Everyone is welcome to check it out. If there are any Gear Grinders out there that would like to have their vehicles and theirselves posted let me know and I will make sure to get them in. We are going to try to keep this site updated as much as possible. Hope you enjoy it. It will give you something to do after you've finished catching up with landracing.com. :wink:

Thanks Willie and Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Peter Jack

Re: new website
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:54:39 AM »
Is there a link?

Offline glc311

• Road Runners (SCTA)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 12:56:22 AM »
Congrats on the new website! I look forward to seeing it. E-mail Ed Safarik with the link so it can be posted on the SCTA Website Clubs section if you have not already done so.

We talked at El Mirage last year when you were planning the new Gear Grinders site. I do the website for the Road Runners. I'm glad you have your new website up and running. If you plan to research the history of the Gear Grinders and include it on the website I encourage you to consider joining the Society of Land Speed Racing Historians.  I can tell you more about that at El Mirage. - Jerry Cornelison

Offline willieworld

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 01:11:56 AM »
        www.thegeargrinders.com             sorry about that     willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline desotoman

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 01:22:43 AM »
Willie and Sheri,

Way to go. Nice site

Tom G.

PS. As a Sidewinder I am embarrassed. :oops: Seems like they are more interested in big banquets  :-o than to spend some money and update their website.  :roll:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 01:40:55 AM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:08:27 AM »
tom  sheri and i maintain and pay for the website as part of our volunteerism to the gear grinders---its actually very reasonable about 20 dollars a month-- we get a kick out of doing it and its a learning experience---see you in may    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 02:16:13 AM »
Willie:

The apology definitely wasn't required. The contributions you and Sheri have made to LSR in general since you've been involved have been first class. The website is really nice and clean just like your motorcycle work. This comes from a guy who would generally be considered to be from the car side of things. Keep up the great work.

Pete

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 01:31:38 PM »
Willie and Sheri!  You know you keep even us spectators informed of what is going on.  Thank you for all the information, and the great build pics (Eric's bike was a masterpiece in build information)  Thanks again for your dedication.... BCNU   Crow
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!