Author Topic: New user, First possible bike build  (Read 12716 times)

Offline Burns

• New folks
Re: New user, First possible bike build
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 04:31:51 AM »
yeah, riding is nothing new for me, but riding at anything over 110 is, but i plan to take baby steps. Theres no point in building something you cant even ride, or at least learn to ride, right?

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 02:52:06 PM »
It only goes as fast as you twist the throttle,Build something and give it a go!
Do they still do good steaks in Mariposa at the little resaurant at the topof the main street.I aint been there for years had a good night out there though!

good luck Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline Burns

• New folks
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 04:08:37 PM »
yeah, you must be talking about the Miner's inn...as far as i know, they still have good food and karaoke at the bar..

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 03:06:37 PM »
Yup thats the place I have done the Karaoke thing there I was almost famous,englishman singin billy ray cyrus songs, priceless!
If Cath and Marvin (native american geologists) are still there say hello for me!

Back to the Bike,I looked into building a streamliner when I started on my project and it is a very involved process i would start with a straight forward bike project first. I have been building bikes for 20+ years and I have built show winning chops and Streetfighters in a quater of the time it has taken to build this one, but havin said that it has been well worth it i have learned more building this than I ever could have imagined.

give it a go

TTFN Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline jl222

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
It only goes as fast as you twist the throttle,Build something and give it a go!
Do they still do good steaks in Mariposa at the little resaurant at the topof the main street.I aint been there for years had a good night out there though!

good luck Oz

And it only stops as well as an experienced rider knows how to.

JL222

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:28:07 PM by jl222 »