Author Topic: Records for the inagural meet  (Read 5647 times)

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
Records for the inagural meet
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:04:57 AM »
What is the plan for establishing records at Loring?  Are you going to have a minimum speed requirement to set a class record, or will every pass be a record pass?  If so you may need some extra volunteer's working the recording record paperwork process. Also what will be the requirement for fuel in the gas classes.  Will there be a suplier at the event and if so what fuel will be there for that class?
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline Bob Wanner

Re: Records for the inagural meet
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:02:07 PM »
"What is the plan for establishing records at Loring?  Are you going to have a minimum speed requirement to set a class record, or will every pass be a record pass?  If so you may need some extra volunteer's working the recording record paperwork process. Also what will be the requirement for fuel in the gas classes.  Will there be a suplier at the event and if so what fuel will be there for that class?"

Some established LSR venues do set minimums for either "open" or "soft" records, probably to encourage a competitive realistic number for future racers in that class.
As this is our first event, the LTA wishes to promote attendance and racers to gain track experience by making numerous runs . As all our records are open, individuals have the opportunity to establish a  benchmark, albeit soft, but at least historic on our inaugural  first weekend. This is especially convenient for cars, as a vehicle without the roll cage and other necessary equipment for serious high speeds can set a bunch of records under that 135 mph ceiling. This makes an excellent entry into LSR for individuals that previously dismissed it as possibly too expensive and just stuck with standing in line at their local bracket race drags for maybe two runs on one day.
 At LTA we have two days of public racing with possibly 4-6 runs a day.This does not mean Carte Blanche to run what ya brung, as all vehicles , bike and car must pass an aggressive Technical inspection before running our track at any speed.
From early observance on these forums, it seems there will be more bikes than cars racing, probably indicating bike records will fill up faster.
We will record every run, and every record. It will take awhile , but we will eventually post them all. All runs over 200 get a 200 cap, wording to be designated after we see the caps that  are being donated.
Eastern VP is our fuel provider and will be on site.
 Bob W

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »
Thanks for the quick response Bob.  It sounds like it will be a great event, a fun and hopefully fast time.  Looking forward to being there.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 04:42:23 PM »
Bob,

Great info, will it be the honor system for stated engine displacement or like Maxton..

Are you going to allow running up in classes or run the engine class that the vehicle/engine size is..AA, A, B etc?

What color are the 200mph achieved hats going to be?

Thank you,

John

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 05:39:35 PM »
Bob (and Others) --

The minimums used at El Mirage are tied into their club and individual point systems, so (theoretically) someone cannot gain record-setting points bonuses by running against soft or open records.

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 07:12:50 PM »
Bob (and Others) --

The minimums used at El Mirage are tied into their club and individual point systems, so (theoretically) someone cannot gain record-setting points bonuses by running against soft or open records.

Stan Back

Stan, how's that been working out the last 3 or 4 years....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »
No comment -- don't want to Pinto off any of our regular members.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
 :wink:

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 09:45:59 PM »
"Great info, will it be the honor system for stated engine displacement or like Maxton..

A) Yup, Corny Cliche # 1 applies, you are only cheating yourself.

Are you going to allow running up in classes or run the engine class that the vehicle/engine size is..AA, A, B etc?

B)"Establishing a benchmark", plus the opportunity to set a record in a sub 135 mph vehicle, not something that happens on long established LSR venues. That's a yes.

What color are the 200mph achieved hats going to be?

C) I believe MooseHide Black. They are being donated , we have to alter/add to it to show the 200 and LTA logos.

Are you coming John ?

Bob W

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »
Bob,

I would love to however I have the opportunity to run on pavement at a Naval base with over 15,500' when I am ready....if the other bike of ours was ready it is a lot closer to me for a fly in and ride situation at your event, the other problem is only so many race weekends per year, I am racing El Mirage and Bonneville again this year....

Good luck with your event, you will have the fastest ever speeds recorded for partially streamlined and un-faired bike speeds anywhere.

John 

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 10:50:19 AM »
I know you are going to run under the rules and safety tech set up by the E.C.T.A.
What I am wondering is if you are going to be running all of the classes that they run, specifically I
would like to know about the classes I run in, which are the super street type classes.
I am seriously considering coming out to play but I need to know if those classes are going to be run.
Thanks in advance.
                                                   Mike Reichen
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »
I know you are going to run under the rules and safety tech set up by the E.C.T.A.
What I am wondering is if you are going to be running all of the classes that they run, specifically I
would like to know about the classes I run in, which are the super street type classes.
I am seriously considering coming out to play but I need to know if those classes are going to be run.
Thanks in advance.
                                                   Mike Reichen

We run the same classes as ECTA, you are very welcome to  attend.  I've ran my car in GT and SS down there, think it a great advantage having a choice as the car is still street legal.
Coincidentally, we got word today the Maine State Police will be up the end of the month/beginning of June to do those C of F tests, give everybody an idea for tire /suspension setup choices.
Call the Caribou Inn, http://www.caribouinn.com/flash/  get the LTA racers discount.
Bob W ..........See you in August !