Author Topic: Toter Home  (Read 15947 times)

Online SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Toter Home
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »
Where is Hooley when we need him--he should be an expert on battered mail boxes!!!!!!!! :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

McRat

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 01:12:18 PM »
My guess is the PD will say it's a Post Office jurisdiction, federal crime.

Our work mailbox was getting broke into about once a month.  PD said USPS, USPS said PD.  Finally, I get a letter from the local hospital.  They had a patient come in for cutting himself bad with a crowbar.  Inside the hospital letter was a piece of mail from our business, the nurse found it in his pocket.

I called the PD and USPS, and both said nothing can be done since they didn't witness him breaking into the mail.

But the thefts stopped anyhow.  Darwinism trumps law enforcement sometimes.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 01:28:45 PM »
The Sheriff's deputy visited the house and took the information -- even to making a report so I can ask the homeowner's insurance to pay.  He mentioned that there's little chance they'd find the bad guy since it has rained and snowed since last night -- so the tracks are obscured.  But he also mentioned that there were a few other reports of mailbox damage on the Dukes Road -- so maybe they'll find something.

I haven't called the insurance company yet -- because I expect they'll say that the cost is less than the deductible on the insurance.  In the meantime -- I picked up the mail at the post office this morning.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 03:01:55 PM »
I've talked to enough people now that has given me the same answer to think that a cabover isn't going to be the right platform to build a toter home.
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline jl222

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »

And then mount it on a crankshaft

jl222 :-D

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 11:38:55 AM »
Justin, I just thought about someone that's taken an old cabover tractor and made it into the hauler and the "camper".  Take a look at the Burkland's rig.  It sleeps Gene, Betty, and Tom, has a bathroom and seats for all three for when they're driving down the road.  Surprising what they've got in there.  Betty gave Nancy and me the 15-cent tour at the Shootout last fall.  Their trailer hauls the #411 -- and everything in there fits just right, too.  Nice rig -- low cost since they did most (if not all) of the work themselves.  I don't think I've got a photo -- maybe someone else will dig one up and post it here.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 11:00:02 PM »
This one?