Author Topic: 2 II Ratical ---- aka Too 2 Ratical Liner #211  (Read 57239 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
2 II Ratical ---- aka Too 2 Ratical Liner #211
« on: April 16, 2009, 07:19:49 PM »
I have been intriqued by FWD Liners since I became the eng partner on Skip's "Rose" I have a front axel and a tank I hauled to Phoenix from TX.  These will be the basics of for the car to go with my 211 liner number I have had for some time.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:56:47 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: FWD Ratical 211
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »
Strange Tank!!

SS 1 what did this thing fit into?  I have been told it may be a B 58 bomb bay ferry tank.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline racergeo

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:28:10 PM »
   Sparky me boy, looks like the foundation for about a 2000 hr. and 100k project (if you can do it in that short of time and that inexpensively. LOL)  George

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 12:01:05 AM »
2000 hrs maybe---but  I don't have that much money, and already have most of the parts---this thing will be PRIMITIVE--just like his older brother---does that mean  I can't start---or just can't finish.  lol

Offline DavidinDurango

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:18:39 AM »
Do you REALLY need another "primitive" hat generating machine?

How will this thing steer????????????? (mmmmooooooooooo)

DavidinDurango
Mostly Fords with "some stuff"
LSR, because it takes more than one ball to play.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 10:24:40 PM »
David---don't need  just CRAVE!!!!!!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 10:34:27 PM »
Sparky,

What is the diameter of the tank? Looks like a fun project.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline DavidinDurango

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 03:56:40 PM »
Its ok, the salt is good for you!

David---don't need  just CRAVE!!!!!!
DavidinDurango
Mostly Fords with "some stuff"
LSR, because it takes more than one ball to play.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 01:23:12 AM »
app. 33" on the big end

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »
Christmas came early ordered a new JD Square Model 32, with a 2" die-- because I finally found somewhat of a deal  on 2" dom .120. SW steel  orded a bundle back in '04 for someone and hadn't sold one stick.  The leanto on my shop will be finished by the first of the year so we will have room for a Sum Style build table inside after we CLEAN house?-

We will post picts as we progress we will build the cage first which will be in front of the FWD axel' then the back frame for the"STUFF".
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:00:22 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: 2 II Ratical ---- aka Too 2 Ratical Liner #211
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »
Sparky' set me straight on this. You are going to sit in front of the front axle??????
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 02:29:12 PM »
That is correct--- would rather be in front than behind all this mess

Offline gearheadeh

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 02:38:52 PM »

Kinda like the Green Monster! I can't wait for the build thread pics.
40 is the old age of Youth, 50 is the young age of the Senior years.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 03:18:15 PM »
Sparky' set me straight on this. You are going to sit in front of the front axle??????
:-o
:?
And all these years, I've looked up to you as the voice of reason on these boards! :-D
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 04:29:42 PM »
There is a "Reason" :? we call this a "SICK ADDICTION" ----pure and simple less frontal area  :cheers: