Author Topic: Roll Cage Repair Help  (Read 3120 times)

Offline 32hotrod

• New folks
Roll Cage Repair Help
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:18:01 AM »
Ok we made a mistake before the real welder arrived and cut something too short. Is there an acceptable to SCTA repair of a roll cage bar. Past expirence in off road We placed a sleeve of the same ID inside the bar to be repaired , welded it via some holes drilled in it and then added in the new repair piece and welded them together. Does anyone know if this is an acceptable repair?

Thanks for your help

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Roll Cage Repair Help
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 03:55:01 PM »
I am not in ANY OFFICIAL CAPACITY!!!!!  If I were going to do that I would sure document the whole process---maybe even some show and tell pieces---but that is one of the correct tubing repair procedures---sleeve under each splice weld, with rosette welds in the holes you are talking about ---have you cut all too short or just one?  Where is the tube?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline 32hotrod

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 04:16:02 PM »
Hi it is the rood hoop in an S&W cage

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 12:17:22 PM »
Tubing is cheap. Neck/spine injuries .........
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 01:40:11 PM »
It depends on the location, call me at 302.378.3013 and I will be glad to help you. I do this for a living and always error on the side of safety.

Joe Timney
DCW
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com