Author Topic: Texas Mile insurance/air evac ?  (Read 4482 times)

Offline eps930

• New folks
  • Old 930 - Diesel Dually - 1 cat
    • Eldon P Slick Artwork
Texas Mile insurance/air evac ?
« on: April 11, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »
Have signed up for my first Texas Mile event in October and am curious to know if there is any Air evac or safety crew at the event.  Any insurance coverage supplied by the track? 

Thanks

Eldon P Slick - Tucson
EP Slick - Tucson, Arizona Territory

Offline desotoman

Re: Texas Mile insurance/air evac ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:38:39 PM »
I have heard your name before. Did you used to Drag Race? Maybe in Top Alcohol Dragsters or Alcohol Funny Cars? 

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline eps930

• New folks
  • Old 930 - Diesel Dually - 1 cat
    • Eldon P Slick Artwork
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 10:50:07 AM »
Yes - "Back in the day" when it was affordable.  Miss the focus, miss the ride, miss some of the people but sure don't miss all of the work it took for a 5 second lap. 

Plan to meet up with a cousin of mine - Rolling Bones outfit - at Bonneville for my first taste of LSR in August.

Eldon
EP Slick - Tucson, Arizona Territory

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 11:08:23 AM »
Be sure to attend the Salt Talks, sponsored by this website... Sunday evening I think, if not someone will correct me... Free food, lively discussions, meet lots of folks and occasionally fireworks...
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »
Well, since you mention it -- yes, Salt Talks will be Sunday, the 9th of August, at the end of racing for the day.  We'll provide hamburgers and hot dogs and pasties and various condiments, and pop in a few flavors.  If you want beer or other alcoholic beverages -- bring your own.  We'll have t-shirts and bumper stickers and the newest landracing.com merchandise (which isn't here yet so I won't talk about it) for sale.

Salt Talks is paid for by your donations both during the year and at the event.  There will be something like 250 - 300 people there.  We'll do some kind of 50/50 drawing and a "raffle", too.  If you've got team shirts or other stuff you'd like to donate to the site for the raffle -- hey, we'd love to have it.  Find Nancy or me at our pit or as we're working (I inspect bikes, Nancy works in the sales trailer) and hand it over, along with maybe a note reminding us just where it came from.

Salt Talks is now about the biggest social event at SpeedWeek, started a bunch of years ago by the guy that founded this site -- Jon Amo -- and taken over, mostly, by Nancy and me about 6 years ago.  Now we're doing it all by ourselves - well, along with a big handful of helper volunteers.  Freud sells 50/50 tickets (we sell 'em for him at the Reunion in Portland, he returns the favor at Salt Talks), Cathy Shannon and Ellen Wilkinson are stationed at the grills, Gus and his dad help with lots of chores, and so on.  It's a blast, and best of all -- you'll get to socialize with many of the folks that are on this Forum - that you never get to see in person except at Bonneville, and then everyone's too busy with the race vehicle to shoot the breeze.

Final words:  There will be no lie detector at Salt Talks this year, so you're welcome to tell everyone how fast you used to go, or how fast you're going to go as soon as you get the tune-up right.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »
Now Jon, how the hell do you expect Noonan to tell the truth without a teleprompter to keep him honest while hustling products and doing the auction.  :evil:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 03:53:28 PM »
I'm hoping to find a little portable PA speaker - thingie so we can save his overworked vocal cords.  As for him telling the truth -- I guess it might be like a lawyer.

How do you tell when a lawyer is lying?  When he's moving his lips.  Now I don't have any reason to disrespect John Noonan, but he is an easy target in this case.  You brought him into the conversation, Glen.

We sure look forward to seeing you and John and Stainless and everyone else.  Salt Talks is four months from TONIGHT!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 11:00:40 AM »
See I had to persuade Michelle to stay at the get together at the end of the road last year, after she sees this my position atop the truck will have since been retired..maybe we can get Glen atop the the truck to hawk your wares?  :cheers:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 01:28:20 PM »
Well now if John retires what you need to do is fly Al the starter out there! Trust me when I tell you he's a top notch amateur auctioneer! Did I ever tell you about the leather ladies skirt he wiggled into just for the sake of the sale?  :-o  :-D

I KNOW there's a picture laying around someplace....

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 02:42:49 PM »
NO,NO,NO, not me. I have to save my soothing voice to announce speeds and those that. Never mind, I could get in trouble telling some one who's  still looking for a turn out road at the seven mile if they pull the chute they could have turned out two miles back. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah