Author Topic: Show & Tell  (Read 6984 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Show & Tell
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 07:49:43 PM »
They say coca-cola works too. I know it draws ant's & flies and is sticky.  :-D :roll:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »
Ok.  I just may be lucky enough to hit Bonneville this year.  So, I want to know who I'm typing to.  I'd like to be able to put a face to a name so that I know who I'm B.S.ing at the track.

I'll start.
O.K.  I`ll play
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 05:19:21 PM »
Right on!  My kind of people!! :-D
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »
Then you`ll get along  swimmingly with my dad :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
Nice!
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 01:42:05 PM »
I wondered about the aft/acetone combo.  Freud's entry is on a lot of old car forums.  However, I chased down the horse's mouth  :mrgreen:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=27429&highlight=atf+acetone+torque

The author states in the thread above that the figures were obtained after 8 hours of immersion.

Pretty interesting forum that I'm just beginning to look at.  http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/index.php

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 07:05:19 PM »
I wondered about the aft/acetone combo.  Freud's entry is on a lot of old car forums.  However, I chased down the horse's mouth  :mrgreen:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=27429&highlight=atf+acetone+torque

The author states in the thread above that the figures were obtained after 8 hours of immersion.

Pretty interesting forum that I'm just beginning to look at.  http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/index.php

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the links.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

McRat

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »
A case of chemicals showed up at my shop.  I open it up and it's called Nuts Off.  Seriously.  Shortly thereafter I get a bill for $400 for 12 cans of it from some outfit in New Jersey than I never heard of.  I tell them I didn't order it, and they will need to send me a UPS tag if they want it back.  They threatened to wreck my credit and sue me if I didn't pay for it.  I told them to put that in writing, and it's the last I heard of them.  I guess it works OK, but I saved the last can just so I can say, "Hold on a minute, let me get my Nuts Off."

While WD-40 is not the world's best penetrant oil, I can't live without it.  Recently it saved me several hundred dollars.  I was driving my wife's truck (pretty truck) and some ahole left a full can of spray paint in the road right around a turn.  Since I was going fairly slow when I hit it, it hosed down most the truck with paint.  I drove home as fast as I could, and grabbed two cans of WD, and started hosing down the truck ASAP.  After about an hour, all of it came off (except the undercarriage and tires).

It also:

Takes off road tar
Kills bugs
Removes Duct Tape residue
Spray it on before the drags, and it will help keep burnout rubber off the body, and helps remove it if it does stick
Or if you use Vasoline to keep the rubber off, it cleans the Vasoline.
Cleans and preserves granite surface plates and measuring tools.
Allows you to move very heavy tooling on granite plates
etc
etc

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 09:27:20 PM »
Sending stuff that was not ordered is a common scam, as is double- billing. They count on someone just paying their invoice without checking.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 12:03:24 AM »
OK, OK...you asked for it, here's my pic...

Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline DavidinDurango

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 10:08:39 AM »
No picture from this boy, I'm suffering from Ed Zachary disease.
DavidinDurango
Mostly Fords with "some stuff"
LSR, because it takes more than one ball to play.

McRat

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 11:19:35 AM »
My picture is in my avatar.  I'm the tall one without tires.  Might need reading glasses. :-D