Author Topic: INDIAN 741 Supercharged...See you in 2011  (Read 740561 times)

Offline Constant Kinetics

• I'm not Crazy, I'm Invincible!
    • Constant Kinetics
That's a cool bike. Fine quality craftamanship. I hope you can make many return trips and hope to see it run.
                                                                         -Chad-
Wierd is good

Offline landsendlynda

I will wear my salt cracker tee shirt tha lars sent to me.
 :cheers:

Me too, but then I all ready promised to wear mine Saturday mornin!!!
Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline octane

• Nimbus 750 APS-VBF
Thank you, thank you, thank you , all of you!!!!!!

You have no idea what it means to me to be to part of this group of good people
with all your kindness, your offers of advise, your offers of support and all your encouraging comments !

Thank you !
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection
not when there is nothing left to add
but when there is nothing left to take away"

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline charlie101

• Indian 101 buff
Congratulation Lars! On the other hand you don't have a clue what it means to me to be able to wach a project like this get together! I feel so fortunate that you let me in to your garage and share your tryings and tribulations as well as your succsess. Together with your excellent photography and witty humor it sure is fun and I only can raise a skal for you to this landmark of achievements. I got several of these skals in store to celebrate your forthcoming victories in your strive for a note in the books of Bonneville Land Speed Records. Well done Lars! :cheers:

P.s. Better give misfortunate JimL on 1350cc Pushrod bike a thought.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:38:02 AM by charlie101 »

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Beautifull dude!!! now its time for paperwork and transport headaches I have sent you some forms and stuff for you to look at so if you are reading this dont!! you have to get your ass into gear this paperwork and shipping takes time and governments and officials wont rush as they dont appreciate your hard work as much as we do, you cant miss it now for the sake of a few bits of paper or a missed detail.

But it is a work of art!!

Congrats Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
 are you sorted yet lars?
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
Like Charlie said (although I've not been on this forum that long) I've enjoyed the pleasure of watching you get it together, I've suffered your frustrations, and I, like many people on here, have sat with our fingers crossed, as if it our own bike, waiting for it to fire up. Well done Lars, you've made a lot of us happy too.
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Lars your efforts inspired us we congratulate you  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
I guess it's okay to tell everyone now:  Lars' bike is on the 2010 Salt Talks t-shirt.  I choose vehicles that have been the subject of build diaries here - especially because so many of them show massive amounts of personal work.  Being on the shirt is my way of giving the builders the recognition they so well deserve.  I don't have a final draft of the shirt art yet (even though it's done and the shirts are in production) - so because I don't have the final I don't think it's proper to show it.  Don't worry -- you'll get your chance to look at the shirts when you buy some at Salt Talks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline landsendlynda

WOW!!!  :-o   What an honor!!!!  Guess I know where some of my moneys is going to go!!!   :-D

Congratulations, Lars!  Well deserved!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline salt27

I guess it's okay to tell everyone now:  Lars' bike is on the 2010 Salt Talks t-shirt.  I choose vehicles that have been the subject of build diaries here - especially because so many of them show massive amounts of personal work.  Being on the shirt is my way of giving the builders the recognition they so well deserve.  I don't have a final draft of the shirt art yet (even though it's done and the shirts are in production) - so because I don't have the final I don't think it's proper to show it.  Don't worry -- you'll get your chance to look at the shirts when you buy some at Salt Talks.

Jon,
You made a good choice and it is nice to know that "railroading" is still an effective means of getting where you want to go. :-D
Lars,
 If you have any shirts left and room to bring them, please do.

Don

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
Big honor Lars!!   The major problem now as I see it is with your bikes picture on ALL those T shirts everyone will know who you are and you WILL have to go REALLY fast.  No if ands or buts.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline charlie101

• Indian 101 buff
Congratulation! Another skal raised to your honor! :cheers: If there's anything you need and that somebody can help you with to get to the great white, you have to let us know...Now, where's your PayPal donation button??? and how do I buy a Saltcracker t-shirt?? 8-)

Offline octane

• Nimbus 750 APS-VBF
Thank you all !!! You make me blush

WOW!!!  :-o   What an honor!!!!.....

It certainly is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm humbled.

VERY short update, as my stress-hormone level is at a point where
gushes of cortisol is pumping out my ears :

Thanks to the invaluable help from Oz ( you're a star Oz. I owe you big-time man ! )
who walked me through the procedures over the phone, I went through the trails an tribulations
of composing several pages paperwork to the US Department of Transportation that made it
possible to get through the even more complicated paperwork of submitting an application to the
US Environmental Protection Agency who in turn have now granted me at
"Racing Exemption" to the EPA rules, that allows me to enter the bike into the US,
as a racing bike and therefore exempted from the Importation of Motor Vehicle Subject to Federal Air Pollution Regulations
when attached to EPA Form 3520-1 as a "Code L", and the "Carnet" issued by the Danish Chamber of Commerce,
to whom I've paid a deposit , and they in turn have issued a Carnet that will guarantee
to the US Chamber of Commerce that the bike will be returned to Denmark
and therefore no customs or fees will have to be paid to the US Customs
and I also upon arrival fill out DOT Form HS-7 (along with the EPA Form 3520)
as a "Code 8", which is a declaration that I can enter the bike and be exempted from the
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety , Bumper and Theft Prevention Standards
There was a bit more to it, like going to the US Embassy to have none other
than the US Vice Consul to Denmark notarize my signature on the application/permit
and return said signed and notarized paper to EPA in order to make the Racing Exemption valid.

................PHEW , godallmighty!

Now THAT done, it turns out that the American partners to the Danish shipping agent
has somewhat f*cked up royalty and there seams to be a problem with the
whole shipping thing.

I'll get an answer to whether it will work out or not within the next couple of hours.

At the same time I'm working like a madman to get the last few bits on the bike ready.

More later. I'll answer your posts and comments then.

Wish me luck.
Thanks
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 06:16:17 AM by octane »
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection
not when there is nothing left to add
but when there is nothing left to take away"

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline coloradodave

What a huge pain in the A@#, best of luck.
No regrets