Author Topic: April Maxton results  (Read 17652 times)

Offline entropy

Re: April Maxton results
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 07:18:42 AM »
Dean went 225  ?????   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

5 beer salute
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:08:53 AM by entropy »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 08:58:04 AM »
Slim, great pictures... I only have one question about your camera... how did you get one with a "time machine" function?  I guess the easiest way to explain my question is to post the picture that I am sure must have been taken at least 60 years ago...
the picture in question is the one you have of a very young Freud and the pretty lady....

Even when he was just a kid Freud always got his picture made with a pretty young lady  :-D  :-D

Great racing guys
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 09:02:05 AM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline sabat

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 11:22:45 AM »
Thanks folks, I had a great weekend. Chased the tuneup on Saturday, then found it Sunday morning, running 214 and 217 naked, then 223 and 225 with an upper fairing installed, to take the fastest 1000 record at Maxton, and fastest naked 1000 anywhere. Bike ran great, thanks to SM2W, Muzzys, MPS, and Tiger Racing.

Congrats to Mark Deluca, Steve Knecum & Larry Forstall on an amazing achievement, fastest NA bikes anywhere - period. Good job keeping it upright Mark. WTG Jody & Trillium, Jon & Nancy, Deb & Todd, Shane & Racheal, the Turks & the Timneys, good to see everyone this weekend.

Sucks about the lowlife thieves, and Bill's motor.

Thanks Karl  :cheers:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 11:47:30 AM »
Dean!!

217!!

Way to go ! ! !   :cheers:  :-o

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 11:48:56 AM »
I have results ready to go on the web site but as with Murphy's Law they chose THIS weekend to work on our web site conversion. Consequently I can not get the results onto the web site at this moment. Once I'm privy to the password I'll hit a rest stop & get them up. Until then I'm going to attach the run logs to this post for a temporary "fix". We have 2 new 2 clubs members and I was able to update that page. Ok here's your post & we're getting mobile to dodge the tornado's & get home.
Debbie
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 11:51:00 AM by DahMurf »
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline sabat

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 11:52:19 AM »
Thanks Deb, you guys rock  :cheers:

No shit John, I was pretty happy with the 217 - it may have 220 in it.  8-)

I forgot to mention that I was very pleased to meet and speak with Scott Guthrie this weekend. His accomplishments and enthusiasm speak for themselves.

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »
Strong work Dean!  You continue to amaze me!   :cheers:
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Offline sabat

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 12:25:29 PM »
Thanks Scott  :-D

Big ups to Jody Levielle, who went 242 on his last pass down the track, WTFG!

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 03:37:04 PM »
What a great weekend.  THANKS to all the volunteers!  We had a blast.  We didn't go as fast as we wanted but we did have a personal best in speed.  Most importantly we made a run on Saturday with a slight hick up, 4 runs on Sunday and nothing broke!  Thanks to Terry, Lawson, and others (you know who you are) for all your support, advice, and encouragement.  Time to put the new cylinder head on and see what she does. 

I would like to send out a special Thank You to Scott Guthrie his wife Ellen (i think i have the name right) and our favorite Starter Al for making my children's weekend something special!  My youngest is running around the neighborhood showing everyone his picture sitting on Scott's bike.  He wants a blown up photo for his wall! My 13 year old is counting the days until he can run at Maxton. 

Todd - Congratulations on 215 (Time only, test run!) Top speed in the family again I hear!   :cheers:

Mr Lawson, 191.8976 off the trailer!  AWESOME!  200 might be in order before the year is out.   :cheers:
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 01:56:40 PM »
(from Todd) Hate to be gone, but good to be back....

It was a little over 2 weeks and 4000miles to get to Maxton from Virginia... that is with Wayne and I taking the SGR longcut through Texas. After a mere 8 wheel changes (4 tire replacements and 4 wheel bearing adjustments), the trip was flawless.

Got to spend quality time with all our team mates, and Debs daughter even made it back to the track after a long hiatus.

Deb and I each picked up one of those larger then normal 200mph club t-shirts in Texas and I upped my personal best in Maxton.

Quality time is not difficult when you work with and have friends on teams like we're affiliatted with and I'm prviledged to be crew chief for. Thanks to Scott, Ellen, Deb & Wayne of Scott Guthrie Racing and Jon & Nancy of Seldom Seen Slim... and thanks for the trust from each of you.

Congrats to Slim himself on a production record from his very first pass on a new bike... after seeing 196+ from your first couple passes I'm sure your ultimate goal with that bike is well within sight.

Congrats and gratitude to Scott for surpassing your 35th year in land speed racing and being willing to share it with all of us so freely as you do.

Most importantly from this weekend is that Lauren and Josh made it to the track and hugs and laughs and safe fast speeds happened with well needed smiles, tears and stories being plentiful.
It was really good to see Dave Owen' youngest son, mom, dad and sister come down and experience what their dad, son and brother loved so much about our extended family and the passion that David was rooted so deep into. They felt closure in being there and doing so, and Josh and Lauren really made it peaceful and complete in their own personal ways while still allowing friends, the organization and those that were there to share in it and be part of his final resting place. As Dave's sister said..... David's at home now!

We miss you Dave, you have become keeper of the track now... forever watch over us in shutdown my friend.
Todd & Deb

Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2009, 10:10:12 AM »
It was a great Weekend for the TLN Motorsports/Ace Performance team.  The ZX-6RR made 2 passes over 180 mph (all motor).  The fastest was 181.7.  Those were the 1st and 2nd motor only 650 class passes at Maxton over 180 mph.  We chased the tune all weekend as the data logger quit and I was tuning by feel.  The gearing wasn't perfect either.  Hopefully there is more to come.  Thanks to Sal at Ace for the power.  Thanks to Tracy for putting up with me while loosing 37 lbs.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 10:29:53 AM »
Greg, you rode the hell out of that bike... 7 runs equallying 4 records and 2 180+ 650cc NA passes --->  :cheers:
You're a welcome sight at Maxton always, congrats again man!
Todd
PS: since I didn't tech your bike.. I am interested in what made your bike altered and what change you did for your modified entry?

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 10:36:49 AM »
Thanks Todd.  A lot of work was put into ridding with a good tuck and hitting shifts over the winter.  Sal really came through on the power side for me.  Then the weight loss helped us out also.  Eating right and running everyday (rain, snow, cold or middle of the night).  We had a goal and were determined to succeed.

Todd I have 2 different tanks.  1 holds about enough fuel to get to the line, warm up and make a pass.  If I'm lucky I make it back to the pit.  The 2nd tank is cut down but holds enough fuel to be modified.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline sabat

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »
Kickass job Greg, 181 on a 650 is unreal.  :evil:

Offline Larry Forstall

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009, 11:31:56 AM »
+1   :cheers: