Author Topic: GearSplit and Motorcycles  (Read 28214 times)

landracing

GearSplit and Motorcycles
« on: February 02, 2005, 06:31:00 PM »
List,

Also don't want to leave the bike guys out of this. The program GearSplit also works for bikes. It took a little bit, and help with Dave Dahlgren I got all my bike parameters in there and it does work for the bikes.

So bike guys don't feel left out, we can play too.

I successfully entered my bike in there and with the program results I will be making some changes to the bike for weight and gears.

Jon

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: GearSplit and Motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 11:40:04 PM »
Quote from: landracing
List,

Also don't want to leave the bike guys out of this. The program GearSplit also works for bikes. It took a little bit, and help with Dave Dahlgren I got all my bike parameters in there and it does work for the bikes.

So bike guys don't feel left out, we can play too.

I successfully entered my bike in there and with the program results I will be making some changes to the bike for weight and gears.

Jon

I wish I had Dave working on my bike (sit on)

John

landracing

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 03:10:45 AM »
if its hands on, fabrication or knowledge im sure dave can help you too John, could have had 260 average maybe.... ... dave is a very bright individual and sometimes every brighter after a beer..

Jon

Offline ddahlgren

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 11:25:58 AM »
Gee John in 2004 you had suggested I didn't have much of a clue with a tune-up when you looked at the pistons in Turk's car that didn't make it to the 5. Did i get smarter   :shock:  or are you just pulling my leg as usual? BTW adding material to the intake notch area made the tune-up quite a bit better. Ran a 252 record on an existing 221 set in 03. Would have been a bit faster if the track was better, was sitting in impound again with a 259 qualifing pass when it rained. On a good track i had expected close to a 270 but there was a whole lot of driving going on compared to 2004. Wish there was enough track to get Larry Forstall's bike going but it wan't going to happen with a hard tail bike on a course that only Walker Evans would appeciate. I'll just keep hacking away here the best I can. 8)

Dave

Offline Hans Blom

bikes
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 01:16:22 PM »
where can you info on exactly what the software does for us?

landracing

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 01:49:25 PM »
"The underlying concept behind this program is the vehicle. While the name implies that it is solely used for selected transmission gear ratios, this can not be done properly without taking the entire vehicle into consideration. The same ratios might not be appropriate for vehicles with different engines or weights so we have gone forward and used all this information to help you select the proper ratios for optimum performance. With this concept in mind it does have to be understood by the user that you do need all this information about your vehicle in order to get the full benefit of this software. Ideally you need to know the vehicle weight, area and Cd. You should also have a dyno sheet for the engine that shows either the torque(preferred) or horsepower for the engine over the intended rpm range you are interested in using with this software. These torque and horsepower numbers need to be corrected to sea level, something that most modern engine dynamometers will do for you automatically via the software included with the unit. Any information you have on the existing transmission is also helpful as a starting point. Sample engines and transmissions have been included as examples are not guaranteed to be a usable example for your vehicle. These entries are for demonstration purposes only! "\
\
This is from the help file...  There have been users of the program who have sent feedback, saying the program is pretty equal to what they concluded from windtunnel data and actual time slips with gears selected..

The program enables to find the best gearing set arrangement for the vehicle, only after you input the accuracy of the parameters. CD, HP or Torque, vehicle weights etc etc. Will even let you input nitrous loads in there..

Jon

landracing

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 02:25:23 PM »
Here is a sample of one of my configurations I did about 1 year ago, will start updating this after get new system on bike and have new dyno sheet. After setting up the chassis, engine, transmission and the venue.. All factors into the program.. So you should know something about the car,, little more then average...

TonyG

Software purchase?
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 10:03:24 AM »
Where can I purchase this software program?   This program should work out well for my shop class students.

Thanks !

landracing

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 10:24:42 AM »
Here is a direct link in the online store

Gear Split!!

Jon

Offline Freud

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 01:57:32 AM »
Another SPAM?

FREUD
Since '63

saltfever

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 02:14:22 AM »
Deleted. Spammer has been excomunicated.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:25:56 PM by saltfever »

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 12:28:28 AM »
Oh, for Pete's sake.

Hey, lvshuicl -

If you're going to spam us, do us the courtesy of developing some syntactic discipline.

You write like a moron.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 03:04:19 AM »
Oh, for Pete's sake.

Watch your language there Chris! Some of us folks is purty sensitive. :evil:

I PM'ed Jon so it should be gone by early morning. He made a couple of hits.

Pete