Author Topic: Engine dimensions:  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Engine dimensions:
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:37:17 AM »
Well I am on the third iteration for my lakester, talking to Blue to much!, but I am now in need of some engine basic dimensions. I am planning to run a Suzuki GSX R1000 engine for the "I" class. Anybody have a web site that might have some overall dimensions and specifically right now I need to know the location of the drive sprocket to the center line of the motor.

I know I should just cough up some money and buy an engine but I am still at least a year away from actually doing something with steel so I figure I have better things to do with the money.

If anyone can help I would sure appreciate it.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Engine dimensions:
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 12:10:01 AM »
Rex, do you have a sketch of the info you need?  If you pop one on here, I'll try to get a motor measured.  Of course, you may want a generation 2 1000 by the time you get around to cutting pipe, don't have any 06 of later motors.  :|
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 11:19:27 PM »
I could easily see a setup that would allow the drive sprocket to be moved latterly up to +/- 3" on the drive shaft to accommodate MC motors from K to G. Plus a method for being able to move the drive sprocket will allow for alignment adjustments if the motor was a bit "left of center" (or right!).

This is how I did my setup.....

Considering running a blown 1K for WOS....that is.....if someone is showing up in SW with a bird of another feather.
 :evil:

If you still need a precise (within .25) measurement let me know and I can get ya one this weekend.
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Rex Schimmer

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:05:42 AM »
John HN,
I was looking on E bay and there are quite a few 2008 for sale so if you get a chance I would need the total width, got to make sure the tank I build is wide enough! and also the distance from the center line of the motor to the center line of the drive sprocket.

Any thing will help!!

Thanks in advance.

Rex
Rex

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 08:15:19 AM »
I sure would not get one from a CA emmision leagal sate---in the past a huge difference--  not current now big differece in the way on peformed CO vs NY
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 06:12:50 PM »
Rex, how you doing on your lakerster?  Got any pictures yet?  :cheers:

Offline Rex Schimmer

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 01:21:38 AM »
Bvillerer,
Still making drawings and trying designing some tooling for it but once I get something that looks like it is finalized I will start a build thread. Probably at least a year away.

Rex
Rex