Author Topic: Once or twice?  (Read 10235 times)

Offline akk

• owner of #920/928 Contrivance Special
Re: Once or twice?
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 10:49:19 AM »
Here we go again.... we #920/#928 hold the A,C,D,E GMR records. The A is faster than the AA record and the C is faster than the B record. This summer we are going to run for the B record. We have run the B in years past actually qualified at 275 mph and broke on the back up run. Are we required to make a 175 qualifier?

We intend do a class change to re-set our E record (221.524) with a new driver. There is no way I can find the 175 qualifier timing slip for the run we made on the short course in 2005. Are we required to make a 175 qualifier for this attempt?
holder of AA/GMR A/GMR B/GMR C/GMR D/GMR E/GMR records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 11:05:35 AM »
You'll get a more reliable answer by asking the question at the SCTA site (www.scta-bni.org) since they're the folks that make the rules.  I know the situation has been batted back and forth here - but I don't know if anyone has come up with a definitive decision.  Let's see what folks say -- and in the meantime, start asking on the SCTA site, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RichFox

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 11:59:38 AM »
I would ask when you bring your Contrivance to the inspection or while in pre stage. A new driver in a New (to him/her) car I believe will need to make licensing runs.

Offline mkilger

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 12:30:29 PM »
On the B record you should be ok( with the old driver) ,but with a class change and new Driver you will need to start on the short course work your way up to 175 then you can go on the long course if your new driver does everything  like he or she is told to do.  Is Mr Yale driving this year?

Offline mkilger

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »
after thinking about it now Iam not sure , (what a pain) Iam sure it will be talked about at the driver meeting too

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 01:28:55 PM »
SSS is right on asking SCTA. Also the rule book is very clear on the drivers license and up grades. Pages   12 & 13.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline akk

• owner of #920/928 Contrivance Special
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 12:29:38 PM »
We are not going to worry about it. A quick tune test of the B/GMR on the short course is probably a good idea anyway. The new driver is licensed up in our red 27 car and has done a climb out in the #920 but it will be good for him to make a short coures run to settle him down.

akk
holder of AA/GMR A/GMR B/GMR C/GMR D/GMR E/GMR records