Author Topic: Hot Rodders at Maxton  (Read 5823 times)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
Hot Rodders at Maxton
« on: March 21, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
Keith,

I have been told by a few members that the first event at Maxton will be hosting "Hot Rod Magazine" folks and that bike runs may be put off or delayed here and there.  Any word on this subject?

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
Re: Hot Rodders at Maxton
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »
Guy judging from the pre-entry's and membership list it's going to be a great meet... and yes Hot Rod is promoting a Street car class this meet.  So it won't be like one of the small meets we have become accustomed to.  Good.. that means we'll have more potential members on a long term basis... hopefully even some car guys to add some more flavor to the meets...

So... yeah it looks like the starting line will be a bit longer then normal... but even with that we should be able to keep things flowing at a fairly good rate... I know Joe is focused on running it smoothly as well as Al " the BOMB" ...

Our best meet ever was somewhere in the range of 450 runs... and that had the normal deal of looking for folks to run on Sunday... ( always Very slack Sunday ) So I expect this meet to be busy but not unbearable.

Keith ( if you have any questions at all feel free to call me at 334 763 6566 )
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline joea

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:13:00 PM »
Keith, does the Hot Rod promotion entail bikes being put off or delayed while the promoted car class makes their runs, like does this street car class run together??

Joe  :)

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
First come,first serve.... same as always.... line up and hang out... if nessesary...
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »
The result was the biggest car turn out in years and folks still got to run 5 times on Sunday..

3 times as many cars as bikes... what's up with that?  LOL... okay it's not a first but it's sure different.
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »
When will we get results and Pix  posted on the ECTA Website?
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »
Mike,
  The records will be ready some time between Wed night & Sunday night. But the good news is that this is the last time it will take so long. By the next meet the new admin will have the ability to finalize the records the Sunday evening of the meet. Then it's just a matter of getting the data to the web guru & getting it online. Hopefully the turn over will be just a few days.
  Lots of new stuff going on & new people involved but I'm confident that they're dedicated to getting the data out fast. As for this meet it's on me to finish up. I'm the one running behind! I'll try to remember to post on this list when the updates are up.
 Deb
 Twin Jugs Racing
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »
Hey, Murf -- I forgot your addy.  Would you be so kind as to send an email to me and tell me who is your web guru?

Thanks -- and it was good seeing the two of you at Maxton last weekend.  We hope to make it back there for the end of April.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com