Author Topic: aftermarket aluminum wheel question  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Z0Sizzle

• New folks
aftermarket aluminum wheel question
« on: March 27, 2009, 09:55:05 PM »
Hey all, this is my first attempt at anything longer then 1/4 mile so I apologize in advance for the newbie questions!!  I will be running a 99 Corvette, not even sure what class it will fall into yet lol.  Anyhow i have Fikse aluminum racing wheels on it, 18's in front and 19's in rear. In reading through the rule book i see 1/2 in studs and 1" lug nuts required for 200MPH. nobody makes 1/2 studs for these cars and i don't think there is any way a 1" lug nut will fit on any wheel that is going to fit my car. currently the car has ARP 3" long studs on front and back with the proper open lugs showing the exposed stud.  would this be acceptable??   Thanks!!! I'm looking fwd to the Loring ME meet!
99 Corvette FRC, supercharged 383  blah blah blah

Offline ray321

• New folks
Re: aftermarket aluminum wheel question
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 10:15:47 PM »
 You might already have 1/2 inc. studs I think the newer corvettes are probably metric.

Offline Z0Sizzle

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »
the studs are ARP metric 12x1.5 and 3" long    not sure exactly what that translates into :?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 10:36:56 PM »
the studs are ARP metric 12x1.5 and 3" long    not sure exactly what that translates into :?

12mm is slightly under half... 12.7 would be about 1/2.... Since you are probably not going 200 I'll bet you are OK, but someone from the organization will let you know for sure.  The rule book will tell you how fast you are allowed to go based on your configuration.  Keep reading and have fun
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 10:50:13 PM »
With a new vehicle that you are planning/hoping to take over 175mph, you should consider getting it to a meet sooner vs later so that the tech folks can tell you what you will need to modify to run those speeds.  Be sure to check the safety gear specs as those bump up at those speeds as well.

Offline Z0Sizzle

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 10:57:10 PM »
unfortunatly the soonest time i can get to a meet is the friday tech day at Loring, I have most of the safety things required (full cage,chute,fire system etc)  the car is still street legal and gets driven, i am working on changing the drivers seat and triing to cross everything off the list so there are no suprises :cheers: does anybody know the contact at the ECTA that i should call with questions??   thanks!  :cheers: