Author Topic: Rules, Organizational layout  (Read 31576 times)

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
Rules, Organizational layout
« on: November 01, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »
Well for all practical purposes we have a clean sheet of paper... it's our intention to continue doing whats been successful in the past and to add a few things like the club concept of providing volunteers.. we are very interested in your thoughts... please take a minute and share them.

Keith
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Rules, Organizational layout
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »
Good luck to you and Joe on your challange in the upgrading the ECTA. It's a big task and will require many hours to make it work. The volunteers are a big part of it. Without them the SCTA would not survive. The people become family and all are equal. They will find where they fit in best to support the venture. John Beckett was the ECTA pioneer and put in time on both coasts to start it up. We helped every way we could and will do the same for the new ECTA.
 Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »
Thanks Glen... we appreciate what the SCTA has done in the past...   I bet I mentioned the SCTA name as many times this weekend as I did the ECTA....  Simply stated as a 50+ year old organization you have been through all the trials and tribulations in this sport... Not looking at how you have evolved would be stupid.

John structured most of what we do with the goal of a seamless transition between racing at Maxton and Bonneville... that will be our goal as well...  

The biggest reason for us to do this was to give it to the volunteers that have made the place happen...  Without them John couldn't have survived... and now the goal is to figure out  how to best support them and Not burn them out...

Keith
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »
It is a given that the SCTA is a old and very sucessful association. Everything about it has been developed over years of great meets. The ECTA has a somewhat different history and  that should be reflected in your orgagization. The only thing I would like to see changed at El Mirage would be to make it eaiser for a nonmember to make his or her first runs. As it is now I don't like paying $120 guest entry to let someone get a ride in my car. But then how do you reward the members for putting on the meet? Glad i don't make decisions, just show up and run.  RF

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »
Rich your absolutely right when you say we have our own flavor... it is what makes our venue unique... that of course will continue.

I need to mention that Joe has been made the president... I'm just out gathering up idea's.
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

dad land

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »
and keith.it goes without saying that you have my support as always and i'm glad we are moving towards a system that lends itself to uniformity with the other lsr venues. thanks to john of course and thanks to you and joe.if i can help.you have my #'s.and i am glad we are growing and moving towards the positive direction we need to go and giving concern towards our volunteers that make it happen...let me know if/when/where i can help.
 regards
 dad

dad land

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »
and i for one am tickled pink that certifying displacement and class adhereance and spot fuel checks!...impound is what it should be..dan warner.your my hero! without passion or prejudice so we have a honest level playing feild . i'm glad that a vehicle should be able to go from the salt to maxton or maxton to the salt and the vehicle pass tech at both places..............if playing football it's not that the rules are changed from atlanta to pittsburg.it's all nfl.........or lsr,right?
 dad land

Offline jssport

• New folks
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snyderisanazzhole/
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »
I would like to see cars/bikes run only in the class for which they are eligible. No more taking one bike and running 8 different classes with no configuration change.

Like the SCTA/USFRA class rules.

JimS
  lsr 504.506

landracing

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »
Scott,

What do you think scott?

Yes and Yes on both issues, including body changes without mods.

You are the king at it scott so that means no more class jumping from a 1350 MPS/F to S/BG 3000cc and everything in between.

Jon

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »
One quick post on this subject-a c-motored car cannot run for a record in "B". In cars at least the engine has to fit in that class break. Is it differant in Motorcycles?
 rht

landracing

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 02:17:00 AM »
Richard,

At ecta events a C motored car can run all the way up to AA and every class in between, I think even a streamliner.

Jon

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »
(Harry Lindsey, Dublin, Ireland 1978) "you better beat him now before he starts going bloody fast"
 How much credibility is there for the A record if the C record is faster? If an entrant takes the minimum allowances for the class, do they stand any less tall than someone who has taken the maximum allowance if they are faster? I would suggest that the slow one would be doing the most jumping.
 Using Bonneville/SCTA as an example, how many years will it take to fill all of the available classes with entrants speeds at the rate they are going?

<small>[ December 02, 2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: JackD ]</small>
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »
Page 17 of the 2004 states what the rules are for engine classifications. There is no philosophy. The word "thru" gives the top and bottom of the displacement of each engine class with the exception of AA. If you wish to see a change, you have the option of submitting a rules change form. Until the time of a change, the rules concerning engine class sizes will continue to follow what is stated in the rule book.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »
Added reply-Sorry to have responed on the ECTA decision question, questioning SCTA rules on engine classes on this ECTA thread.

All of us realize they a similar but different organizations which share many rules. Without getting nick-picky, what's is good for one may not be good for the other since the venues and time in exsistance are different. J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by jimmy six:
  what's is good for one may not be good for the other since the venues and time in exsistance are different. J.D.
Thanks for saying it. It seems MANY can't grasp that for some reason.
 TD