Author Topic: Safety and Cleanup  (Read 6325 times)

Offline half-fast

Re: Safety and Cleanup
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 06:52:56 PM »
Hi Chris,

I too wanted to jump in here and say thanks for inquiring about issues, and training for them, whilst simultaneously we all collectively hope that the skills will never have to be put to use.

That being said, Todd is a great authority for motorcycle related questions and Bob & Joe for 'cars' so I am sure you will get all the info you need in regard to construction, materials, and fuels.

Being familiar with the operating side of a Hurst and Holmatro cutting/prying tool, I have contemplated what would be the best way to get someone out of an enclosed cockpit, and for this I can just recommend coming to the track on Friday while vehicles are being 'tech inspected' to get a sense of the operators body position, cockpit layouts etc.

Just my two cents

Hi Bob and to all racers head north soon to Loring. I am a full time firefighter/EMT at the Loring station. We are planning to do some additional training in the upcoming weeks that I am organizing. I’m wondering if you could give me a call so we could discuses what types of roll cage, metals and fuels we will be seeing at the track. Our guys area super stoked to have such a great event in our town and can’t wait to see turnout. Call the Loring station 207-328-4108 and they will give you my cell number.

Offline Matt Beil

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »
Hello everyone.  Thank you Chris, I see that you have been in here keeping these guys informed.

My name is Matt, I will be the paramedic on duty this weekend. I am a fire fighter/paramedic for Limestone Fire Department on Loring.  I want to build a little bit on what Chris has brought to the forum in terms of fire and emergency crews.  We had a meeting on Monday night and fine tuned our agenda for this weekend.  It is now official that there will be both an emergency crew and a fire crew.  Expect an EMT, a Paramedic, and a rig for the entire duration of the racing events.  Also expect 3 on duty fire fighters and a minimum of an engine and rescue truck that houses all of our extrication and rescue equipment.  Remember that this is a minimum, we will also have Crown Ambulance covering the event.  This will be the service transporting anyone to the hospital that requires an ER visit and beyond.  Though, this is what we do; we are hoping that everyone has a safe ride and will not ever see the back of an ambulance.  In the event that this can not be avoided, rest assured that we have more than enough resources to get the job done.  On the fire/rescue side, All of our on duty fire fighters are EMT's or above. Other than the guaranteed engine and rescue truck, additional fire apparatus is about 1/2 mile away.  The on duty fire fighters and Volunteer fire fighters will be having a meeting at Loring on Friday at 6:00 PM.  We also expect to get a look at some of the race vehicles we will be encountering.  We look forward to meeting with you and wish everyone a safe weekend.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate on Contacting Chris or myself.  Call Loring Fire Station at 207-328-4108.  I will post a notice there to let the other fire fighters know that it is acceptable to give my Cell # out to anyone calling from the LTA should you call when I am not there.

Matt Beil

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »
Excellent! It sounds like you folks have put a lot of thought into this! I've had the opportunity to visit the back of an ambulance while Land Speed Racing and I have to say I find a lot of comfort in the fact that you are thinking this through ahead of time! My hubby Todd has spoken with Chris at length and we look forward to meeting him and now yourself at the track. We're motorcycle folk and will be happy to help you out in any way we can to help get you familiar with what you may encounter in regards to the bikes.
Debbie & Todd Dross
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol: