Author Topic: Class consolidation  (Read 28648 times)

dwarner

Class consolidation
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2006, 03:01:49 PM »
Jack,

Slim has it right. I don't make up anything as I go along. Well, maybe the required number of "tinnys".

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Yup
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2006, 03:35:31 PM »
Whatever judgement the SCTA makes along the way they can.
The refrence to making it up as the go along was to
 others outside of SCTA, ECTA,DLRA,and NASA for example,
 with less individual experience and the need to protect their little job.
Was that too harsh ?  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

dwarner

Class consolidation
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2006, 09:46:12 PM »
Not too harsh - just a small joke at my expense.

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
EXPENCE ?
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2006, 09:59:12 PM »
Beer is expensive and we have a big investment in you.
Don't go now ! :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Class consolidation
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2006, 01:31:16 AM »
Jack, Dan, Beer will be supplied the next time we see you.. 8)

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Huh?
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2006, 05:55:21 AM »
....make no mistake Dan ....come to Gairdner ....you won't be left out( or thirsty), get into some serious ratification and you'll be rewarded in spades (full of beer)....we have little else.......

.....this coming meet may be a turning point when it comes to the "world" thingo though.... :wink:

If SERIOUS speeds are posted out here in March ....what happens then????
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Seriously
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2006, 09:36:14 AM »
You guys all ultimately take your racing as serious as you want.
 What is left wanting is the number of events you have to develop your speeds.
 That is the real handicap. HP is not a secret, AERO is pretty well established, and putting it together
 is really a matter of experience more than it is money.
The Hot Rodders around here take great delight in a big bucks effort by somebody and just knocking them off.
 That is repeated so many times, but still funny within the "Old Timer" circles.
Sometimes you will see a vehicle that looks like a huge investment and it is.
 But look again, most of them are "Day Job" types that have spread that cost across many years and with lots of freebie help.
 There is a reason that various good parts find themselves into this deal and it is not because money was used to replace time.
 It is more if a relationship that has been developed with suppliers that have also been there over time.
"For a good time, use what you got now and be prepared to spend a lot of time doing it." :wink:

OBTW: I used the word"TIME" a bunch in this deal, and if you can't get used to it in this sport, I don't know what to tell you because that is all you are doing it for.
 Even the "TIME' speant on this off the track is "TIME" that should be well speant.

Offline Salty Blaster

Class consolidation
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2006, 10:09:13 AM »
Ahmen, Brother.
Go faster, just don't eat the salt!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Reasons without thought.
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2006, 06:06:03 AM »
Quote from: JackD
There is some real reasons to protect the HD and many other vintage and classic designs. But don't do it without recognition of past performances that are time honored and pretty fast. The forum la now used for "Push rod" had a target to disallow a particular modern motor but might have missed the mark and included others that were not closely considered.
The first thing I heard recently on the subject was with a person that should be considered an expert on the type of motor that seems to be the unintended victim and he was never asked. It doesn't hurt to ask, but to come back from the consequence of an uninformed decision is really hard on everybody.
Racers are a mix of "hard core" get it right vocal types and "dead by the side of the road" types that vote with their feet.
You have to seek out the information from all of them if you are to be well advised and not cloud your ideas with a narrow view.
There are going to be leaders, but it helps if everybody is at least marching in the same direction for a reason or you will lose them.
That might even be an objective that is less obvious.

So this is where we find ourselves with SCTA don't we ?