Author Topic: Short vs Long Course Runs  (Read 2944 times)

landracing

Short vs Long Course Runs
« on: October 27, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »
Another suggestion was made that we change speeds to allow for long course runs. There were large numbers of short course vehicles in fact all were execpt maybe about 8 vehicles. So how about changing the speeds to run the long course bike from 175 to 150 mph to qualify for long course action. This will spread some of the course runs out between the two courses. Even if you are a 155 mph bike you could still have the option to run the short course. Or if you do not use the full track then use short, if you want to use the full track and your speed is over 150 mph then you can have the option too.

Jonathan

aswracing

Re: Short vs Long Course Runs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »
I agree on this one. Few bikes run the long course because it's only a small percentage of bikes that can break 175. The guys running the short course were frustrated with the wait, while on the long course I don't think we ever had to wait more than about 10 minutes.

But I'd also add that you probably need to lock the number in, whatever it is, because particularly in bad salt conditions where traction is limited, the extra run-up can be an advantage. Wouldn't want a situation where someone set a record that he was required to run on the short course, and then the next year someone takes it away because the rule changed and with that speed the new guy was able to run the long course, got an advantage, and took it away.

But since the record book is essentially empty, the opportunity to change the number is there.