Author Topic: Production Class...Removing Turn Signals? Safety Wiring? Class Info  (Read 3196 times)

Offline MiltonP

Still not sure if I will have the bike ready to run in April but trying to get'r done.  The only item I see in the 2008 rule book that I need to safety wire for Production class is the front axle nuts.  I see a line drawn through the pinch bolts though not sure what else I can safety wire the axle nut too.  Ther ear axle is covered by a cotter pin.  I do plan on wiring the oil drain plug and fill cap although I haven't spotted that in the manual.  I know road course runners wire  a fair amount of other parts such as brake calipers but again see no reference in the rulebook.

Are turn signals on stalks connected to fairings considered integrated or does that rule (7.E.1.6) refer to flush mounted style lights?  I believe I should be removing the stalk mounted ones.

Do I need to have the engine size (500cc)displayed or just P/P?  Thanks guys.  Does anyone know if rule books were mailed to all 2008 members or only those that have renewed already.  I wasn't sure about renewing prior to the April meet since no notice showed up on the website or here.

Offline MiltonP

Oops, Just found 2009 Memmbership Form
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
Anyone know if banquet seats can be acquired at the meet?  Also wondering if I should mail this in at this point or just show up with the funds.

Offline White Monster

Re: Production Class...Removing Turn Signals? Safety Wiring? Class Info
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:34:55 AM »
Does anyone know if rule books were mailed to all 2008 members or only those that have renewed already.
I wasn't sure about renewing prior to the April meet since no notice showed up on the website or here.

I believe the 2009 Membership Pack (rulebook, poster, forms, etc.) are only mailed out to those who renewed their membership for 2009.
Also, I seem to recall Tonya saying there should be room for everyone who wants to attend this year's Awards Banquet.  See you there !
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline RansomT

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:40:56 AM »
If I had my '08 book infront of me, I could give "unofficial advice" on all your questions .. but, for now, yes you much have your cc class listed with P/P

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:32:09 PM »
Banquet tickets will be available at the track...best to buy them Friday or early Saturday.

joe
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »
About the turn signal -- no, stalk-mounted signals are not considered part of the fairing.  A bike's fairing might have the turn signals molded in as part and parcel of the fairing -- in which case the rule would allow them.  But stalk-mounted -- could break off in case of an upset.

You've got answers to your other questions, but I'll add that if you've got a clip on the rear axle nut (vs. a true cotter pin) it's good to wire that pin to the swingarm (or something back there) -- not that the clip will come out, but if it's wired -- it'll be easy to find once you remove it.  Go ahead, ask me how I learned to do this.

Back to your question (even though this one's been answered) -- for class display you'll want to have it in letters at least an inch high (like so many things, bigger is better, within reason), on both sides (commonly on the tail section), readable from the side (not the top), and in colors that contrast with the fairing.  At Maxton, commonly the class is displayed (for example) M/PS/G 1650 - 4.  That'd be information about the bike and bodywork first, the fuel of the class in which you're running, the displacement class you're in, followed by either a 2 or 4 or R to designate two-stroke or four-stroke or rotary.

The bike's registration number should be in numbers at least 6-8 inches tall, if possible, and commonly they're displayed on the front of the bike (but most anyplace is okay as long as they're readable when the rider is on-board), and, of course, in a color that's contrasting to the bodywork.  If your bike doesn't have bodywork you'll be allowed to display this information on a number plate -- which must be of a certain size.  See the rulebook or ask for details if such is your case.  Once you're through inspection you'll take the completed form to registration and they'll give you (among other things) an "inspected" sticker to put on the bike.  Those are best displayed on the (rider's) right side of the front of the bike.

Finally:  PLEASE fill out the log book before you get to registration.  Not while you're there -- you'll slow down the inspectors if you don't have it done, and we can't inspect your vehicle 'til you've filled out the logbook.  You'll see this on the inspection sheet -- at the top of the list -- "Is the logbook filled out and the numbers displayed properly?  As JD said in the SCTA thread -- please do it first.  Otherwise we reserve the right to toss your butt out of line, make you go fill out the logbook, then wait in line all over again before getting inspected. 

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you soon.   We leave home two weeks from day-after-tomorrow for our 1,400-mile trip to Maxton.  Whoo-hoo, it's coming soon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 06:41:38 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  I will need to get a logbook for the bike on site as I only have one for the car so far.  I just sent the membership dues in but will pay for the banquet on-site.  Hopefully this check will get through in time to get the package before heading down to Maxton in a few weeks.  look forward to catching up with folks there Thursday morning to help setup.