Author Topic: Change the Dates to before not after Labor Day  (Read 4096 times)

Offline yamagamma

Change the Dates to before not after Labor Day
« on: October 26, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »
I'd like to see the dates changed to the four days BEFORE Labor day instead of the four days after. Ties in better for racers with kids on school holidays, and gives them time to drive home on labor day just in time for school start-up. I didn't go this year for this exact reason and probably won't go next year either unless they change the dates.
Never underestimate an old guy on a Yamaha!

Offline Malcolm UK

Re: Change the Dates to before not after Labor Day
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »
If Bub wants earlier dates then I would stand aside on my tentative booking (BLM Forms not completed) of the salt for August 30 to September 6.

The 3rd September '05 is the 70th Anniversary of the first 300 mph speed record ever set,  This was achieved on the Bonneville Salt Flats by Malcolm Campbell with the Bluebird car.

Malcolm Pittwood
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline yamagamma

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 10:11:00 PM »
Malcolm, I remember seeing the Bluebird when I was a teenager (in the sixties) at the Birmingham Science Museum where it was on long term display. Is it still there?
 Will the Maximum Impulse team be at the Bub event in 05?

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 08:13:00 AM »
The 1935 Bluebird - Sir Malcolm's Car - is in the USA where it is owned.  Daytona Museum now has it after Talledega.  It did come back to the UK for the last Goodwood Festival for display of 100 years of Rolls Royce, but has gone back now.  There are two Bluebird cars at the National Museum - the '27 car of Malcolm and the '64 Turbine of Donald Campbell (CN7).

"Never say never" - just at the moment Richard is working on another (non LSR) project so he may not go back to the bike in time for Bub '05.  I would expect that the team will look for a different surface (more consistent and compliant) so that the solid rims and 500mph potential of Richards work can be demonstrated.

Malcolm
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

landracing

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 03:14:00 PM »
Malcolm,

I don't think Denis would change his dates, already advertising for the 2005 event...
 But what a great offer.

Thats to bad for Richard I would have love to see this type of vehicle run at Bonneville.

Jonathan

Offline yamagamma

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »
Totally agree Jon. I would love to see the Brits run a rocket bike at the Bub meet. Their offer to change the dates is on the table. It's too bad it's "written in stone" already. I believe that moving the dates to just four days earlier would open up this meet to a whole bunch more people both racing and spectating.

It's not really a big deal for Dennis to change the dates is it?  Just post a Date changed notice on the website. Hell it's still 10 months away.