Author Topic: deleted  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
deleted
« on: March 12, 2009, 03:26:01 PM »
Done as you have asked Jon
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 05:23:54 PM by Rchop »
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: Definitely Non-Lsr...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 03:29:19 PM »
You are a sick puppy!   :-D

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

McRat

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:59 PM »
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 07:13:33 PM by McRat »

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »
Randy, I've gotta ask -- why shouldn't I get rid of this topic?  I know, I know -- you at least posted it under Non-LSR -- but it's quite a ways from what I would expect under the topic.  I've deleted other posts that were too far off target -- maybe I will on this one, too.  Maybe you'll do it before I get to it.

Thanks in advance.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 05:27:38 PM »
Randy, I've gotta ask -- why shouldn't I get rid of this topic?  I know, I know -- you at least posted it under Non-LSR -- but it's quite a ways from what I would expect under the topic.  I've deleted other posts that were too far off target -- maybe I will on this one, too.  Maybe you'll do it before I get to it.

Thanks in advance.

Just a little humor Jon, but I've taken it off as you have asked. Do non-lsr posts need to be lsr or racing related  :? Just asking because apprarently I have it wrong.

BTW, did you watch it all? it was a comedy sketch from Jimmie Kimmel.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:04:03 PM by Rchop »
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Rick Byrnes

Re: deleted
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 05:43:35 PM »
I suppose that if a caption contest is OK, a comment about one of our social ills is not?
Rick

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 06:38:44 PM »
I don't know what the deleted post was -- but the caption contest was ABOUT land speed racers.  I thought this area was for other racing activities and personalities -- not politics, religion and current affairs.  But then again, neither is this!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 08:36:50 PM »
Thanks, Randy.  I think Stan has said it pretty well (in re: the caption contest -- at least that's about racers).  As for the deleted post -- it was a link to a video spoofing the lady that recently birthed octuplets.  I have never heard of Jimmie Kimmel -- but that's not a surprise 'cause I've never heard of lots of people.  As to the appropriateness of the spoof to the link, and whether it's humorous enough to include anyway -- I try to keep the site sort of aimed at racing stuff, mostly.I did received private (negative) comments from others about the post -- so it wasn't just me being that much of a prude or whatever you care to call it.

I get lots of "humorous" emails and links from folks -- but they are emailed to me, not (usually) propagated via an open forum.  There have been times when I've responded to the sender asking that he not send that style of commentary to me -- and more often than not - I get the impression that the sender receiving my request feels I've snubbed him or shown my narrow-mindedness.  But once in a while -- someone understands and respects my wishes.  There's one fellow on this Forum that sent something to me, I asked to be removed from his list (for my own reasons), and he not only did remove me -- but emailed directly to apologize, and he still sends other stuff my way.  How grown-up of him. 

Back to the humor in the now-deleted post -- I am trying to keep this site pretty "family-oriented" so that the casual surfer won't be intimidated by coarse language, etc.  It's enough that we talk technical stuff -- and that'll intimidate lots of folks.  But to us -- it's daily stuff that's necessary for our avocation.

Thanks again, Randy, and others, for keeping the Forum going and lively.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 08:45:41 PM »
I understand John and respect your wishes. The post wasn't a statement on current affairs, politics or religion, just a comedy sketch from late-night TV. Unfortunately I'm afflicted with a sense of humor that is "slightly off center" :-P. I appologize to anyone that was offended and it won't happen again.
www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 08:46:31 PM »
hey SS Jon, it is OK that you don't know Jimmy K.... he is on late night TV, even if you had a TV, he would be on after your bedtime  :-o
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 08:48:10 PM »
Randy,

Send it to me... :wink:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 02:24:11 AM »