Author Topic: YOUNG BLOODS IN LSR  (Read 8088 times)

Offline MAZDA1807

Re: YOUNG BLOODS IN LSR
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 10:29:34 PM »
I don't know, could be one of the two. :-D
80ci,264.7 RWHP, 19.2sq.ft. of frontal area, 175.611, NOTBAD

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 10:38:48 PM »
Honest reply.
 There are some who can't STANd the influx of new LSR comptitors-young or OLD.

They blame the Wordls Fastest Indian for part of the influx of new Bville racers, but by the same token, the activities at Maxton, the Te xas mile, and now new others has spread the interest to both coasts and beyond.

It's mainly the spectating Speed Week crowd like the RAT ROD people
 who just want to drink and smoke but enjoy the Salt Flats Experience, I think, that adds to the congestion at Speed Week, Wendover. (Burning Man spectators, left over)

A few bad weather years, heaven forbid, may cure part of this.

I don't have a solution- but Landspeed Racing CAN'T belong to an exclusive group.

So whaddaya do?
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 11:10:24 PM »
Camp out, renew old friendships,  meet new friends, Enjoy the worlds greats car show, order trace amigos and a large "APPLE JUICE" at the Salt Flats Cafe, throw full beers at the idiots that try to cut donut in your campsite at 2:00 AM   :cheers: Life is OHH SOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline MAZDA1807

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 11:18:10 PM »
Camp out, renew old friendships,  meet new friends, Enjoy the worlds greats car show, order trace amigos and a large "APPLE JUICE" at the Salt Flats Cafe, throw full beers at the idiots that try to cut donut in your campsite at 2:00 AM   :cheers: Life is OHH SOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
I here that!!
80ci,264.7 RWHP, 19.2sq.ft. of frontal area, 175.611, NOTBAD

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 02:44:02 PM »
I know where you're coming from Pete.  I started inspecting cars when I was 18 years old.  Some guys would get pissed at me because I was some punk kid that was young enough to be their son or grandson trying to tell them to change things on their race car.  In fact I even remember one guy who drove all the way out to El Mirage with his roadster from Arizona getting so pissed off because I pointed out his illegal firewall (improperly mounted and too thin) that he packed up and drove home.   :roll:

I will admit that there can a bit of the "good ol' boys" feeling to the SCTA.  There is a lot of history and a lot of folks that have been around a long time and are used to things going a certain way.  Call it "tradition" if you will.  Some guys act like the SCTA wouldn't exist without them but the truth of the matter is is that it was here before them and it'll still be here after they leave.  Things change all the time. 

It won't be long before young bloods like you and I take charge of running the SCTA.  The old farts are already quaking...

:-D
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline k.h.

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »
Honest reply.
 There are some who can't STANd the influx of new LSR comptitors-young or OLD.

They blame the Wordls Fastest Indian for part of the influx of new Bville racers,

And if the British movie about Rollie Free and the Vincent gets made . . . . .
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 06:20:27 PM »
LOL Interesting filter choices.

Offline Freud

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »
I just returned from the March Meet in Bakersfield. Much to my surprise the majority of the fellows with the nostalgia cars are the same fellows that were running top fuel and top gas in the 60's. Their cars were the same and they know what they need to know about fuel.
A fellow born in 1932 loves a '32 and many of the people with 40 Fords were born about then. The kids with the ricers are ones that saw their car of an era that matches their age. Most kids have slight connection with 30's and 40's machines.
So as these "young 'un's" came to race, they bring cars that many of us would never get tuned. Along with their cars, they bring the technology of the 2000 ear and they sure get a lot out of those small engines and have no desire to understand nitro but they would put nitros on a shopping cart if there was a place to race them..

GrandPa doesn't understand his grandson but grandson will still be here after GP departs.

Enjoy what you know and let the others enjoy what they have learned. You won't likely ever know their world.

It would be interesting to have Kepner tell what he sees at the drag race scene. Week nights are a world of youngsters.

FREUD
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:49:04 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline mkilger

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »
Iam only 38- will be 39 on the 22 of this month,  yes Dan I fill left out :-P  took my son Devin(12) last year to speedweek and he loved it.  I think we will be around  for some time, but yes we need more young people helping and racing out there.    Joe or Sum, lets do a poll on this, would be a neat story in the progam this year at speedweek

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »
WOW... 30 years ago I thought most of the old SCTA guys didn't care for us because we were not from California...  :|
Now you tell me it was just because we were young  :roll:  LOL

Easy there (old) guys, just kidding... sometimes I just can't stop my fingers...  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 12:49:51 AM »
Not to worry Stainless................. it WAS your fingers...........  :-o
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 03:50:32 PM »
BTW Pete stop rilling up the forces and go work on that truck!  You've got records to break!

Offline jmooer

• New folks
  • 64 funny cars 71 ocir
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 04:13:01 PM »
K.H. I saw the movie preview Rollie Free and the Vincent on utube from this site yesterday. the question is how much and whare. giant Jim.

Offline jmooer

• New folks
  • 64 funny cars 71 ocir
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 12:06:03 PM »
 K.H. I was mistaken you were right the Rollie Free movie has NOT been made.what thay got is just a pro-mo to try to raise seed money giant Jim