Author Topic: Wow! Rocky is famous in Sweden  (Read 3732 times)

Offline landsendlynda

Wow! Rocky is famous in Sweden
« on: March 02, 2009, 06:23:14 PM »
So, I get this envelope in the mail and it has a Swedish address in the upper-lefthand corner  :? Seems one of our regular spectators, from Sweden, sent me a magazine because of an article about Bonneville.  Has a picture of Rocky and the Ack Attack, as well as some other people.  It also has a picture and article about a racer from Sweden who raced his motorcycle during Speed Week.  I'd give you details on what the article says, but...ummm...I can't read Swedish!!   :cry:

The magazine is called MCM ....doesn't mean a whole lot to me, cuz, you know...it's in Swedish!!  Anyway, it's got pictures!!  Rocky, "The Klock Girls", Max Lambky and "The Lambky Liner", some guy with long hair, and Roger Goldammer (?), Sam Wheeler and E-Z Hook, and a couple of others. 

Hmmm...bet it's a good article!!  Too bad I don't....well, you know!  So, my question is....any body out there read Swedish?!!  :-D

Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Wow! Rocky is famous in Sweden
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 06:28:39 PM »
I don't, but I expect I know the fellow that sent the article to you.  I don't remember his name (it's a Swedish name, of course), but he knows that my dad is Swedish - and stops at the pit a couple of times each year to say hello and talk in English with a very strong Swedish brogue.  A couple of years ago he gave me a copy of a Swedish magazine (don't remember which - might have been the same one) that featured, among other things, Tom Evans!

Skol.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 06:37:24 PM »
Probably the same guy, he comes every year for Speed Week..I think the English pronunciation is Paul, but wouldn't swear to hit.... Geez, I hate this time of year...lost too much salt outa my veins so my brain isn't properly seasoned!!  CRS at it's worst!!  I'll try to remember to bring it (the magazine not my brain) in August!

Thanks SSS!!

Skol back atcha

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 06:50:18 PM »
Not long ago I went to Google and did a little bit of Swedish/English translating.  It worked -- but I don't know if you could do the entire magazine article.  Worse still -- if you did you'd probably end up with about what you expect you'd find in an article written in English.  Maybe Rocky will see this topic and will sign on and tell us of his extensive knowledge of things Swedish.

Tach fer ringenting (well, that's how it's pronounced -- don't know about spelling.  It means "thanks for nothing").
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Gwillard

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 06:55:39 PM »
If you really do need it translated I can try to get in touch with a young Swedish girl I know. I haven't seen her in a while but I do have her e-mail.
Will weld for beer :cheers:

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 06:58:24 PM »
I don't need any translation, but I'll have that girls email address if ya don't mind.....OOOOps , the wife saw this b c n u  Crow
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Gwillard

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 07:18:03 PM »
I don't need any translation, but I'll have that girls email address if ya don't mind.....OOOOps , the wife saw this b c n u  Crow

:-D  That's why I'm not married!  :-D
Will weld for beer :cheers:

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »
That married thing works two ways ya know!! And thanks, but I'll just wait until August and have...ummm...what ever his name is!!...translate for me..  I only understand about half of what he says anyway!!  You otta listen to his jokes!  He's a sweet guy tho and loves the races.

And Crow, it serves you right!! Better do some serious grovelling!!  :-D

Lynda

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 07:46:36 AM »
Rocky is famous everywhere.....My wife drives a SAAB,  I could show the magazine to the car and see what happens :? Jerry
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:36:08 AM »
I don't, but I expect I know the fellow that sent the article to you.  I don't remember his name (it's a Swedish name, of course), but he knows that my dad is Swedish - and stops at the pit a couple of times each year to say hello and talk in English with a very strong Swedish brogue.  A couple of years ago he gave me a copy of a Swedish magazine (don't remember which - might have been the same one) that featured, among other things, Tom Evans!

Skol.

That was probably Anders Palsson, he goes by Paul. I spoke to him for quite a while at speed week last year. He's a really nice guy and his personal card lists him as a "Motorsportenthusiast" :-D
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 10:37:21 AM »
Lynda,  Momma finaly let me out of the cage this morning to say  " I'll be good from now on".. O.k.       "Marriage is like a bath tub!  Once you get in it, it doesn't seem so hot!,  Quote from ;  Grandpa Crow, married 71 years.   
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 10:42:39 AM »
Rchop, you're right!! That is him!!  Hmm, should I be worried?  Brain cramps are becoming more frequent and duration seems to be getting longer too!!  I fool so feelish!!  He's such a sweetheart and is as addicted as the rest of us!  Thanks for clearing the fog...still can't read the article, but I'll be sure to bring it with me in August and get PAUL! to tell me what it says!!

Thanks everybody!   :-D   :cheers:  :cheers:

Lynda