Author Topic: Rear Engine Modified Roadster Build  (Read 290598 times)

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
Re: Rear Engine Modified Roadster Build
« Reply #465 on: August 17, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »
Thanks for the concerns, calls and emails everyone.  Some of you already know that I have been working on a new start up company that is alcohol based (not beer). Working with bottlers, distributors, the government and licensing issues of 50 countries (thiefdoms) has taken a lot of time out of the day. I wish there was another 8 hours in the day to get everything done.  I have not had a chance to work on the car but Kevin and the other suspects have been busy.  Unfortunately  this year I was not able to make Bonneville, but did see many of you at LARS earlier and was able to catchup. Tony   :cheers:
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #466 on: August 17, 2013, 10:19:57 PM »
Oh the over powering drive   :-o of a capitalist with an idea---ain't it great!!!!!!!!!

Go Tony Go!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #467 on: August 18, 2013, 12:46:40 AM »
Oh the over powering drive   :-o of a capitalist with an idea---ain't it great!!!!!!!!!
Or a guy needing a way to support his LSR habit!  :-D :-D  Good luck, Tony.

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #468 on: September 02, 2013, 10:54:39 PM »
Hello,

I found the thread a few months ago and wanted to say thanks for some inspiration over the spring.  I built a rmr with some similar elements over the winter and ran in August.  I used a transaxle out of a ford GT.  I was very happy with the way the car drove and I attribute a lot of that to the IRS especially since people were having such a hard time getting down the course this year. 

Its been awhile since I read back... what motor are you planning on?

Eddie

Offline Tman

« Reply #469 on: September 04, 2013, 05:13:50 PM »
Wishing you luck Tony! I am still working hard trying to get this company off the ground peddling hot rod and performance parts!

Offline maguromic

« Reply #470 on: October 01, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »
Eddie, I have been very busy with work and haven't had a chance to get on the beards or work on the car. We have several motor plates for the car, the one I have is for the IRL and GMC, but we also did one foe the SBC and BBC for the others that want to run them. Though I haven't had a chance to work on it lately, Kevin has been machining lots of the parts.  I really like how you did your car!  :cheers:

Tman, its been a lot of work but we are getting there.  The good think is its alcohol related and i get to sample lots of it.   :-D :-o :evil: Hang in with you project it will pay off in the end.  Tony 

Offline maguromic

« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2014, 03:49:05 PM »
Its been a while and since I had a chance to update the build.  But we have been working on the roadster and its starting to come together.  We had to some changes to the car for packaging issues and had to redo the drivers pod.  On the aero side Woody has made some great strides.  More to follow:  Tony

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #472 on: January 19, 2014, 07:34:43 PM »
OK Tony, some eye candy for the masses!  :-D
You tear the air - we try to repair the air!  :-o
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline krusty

« Reply #473 on: January 20, 2014, 09:12:17 AM »

Great to see you back at it, Tony. I understand  the changes made at the rear of the car (as represented in Woody's pics)  from my changes to our RMR in 2013 and a trip to the A2.

Sent you a PM.      vic

Offline maguromic

« Reply #474 on: January 20, 2014, 11:46:53 PM »
Vic, Its been a long road and the light at the end of the tunnel is much brighter.  All I can say is Woody is a magician, he took a barn door and made it an outhouse door. We had to change some things in order to get everything to wok together and fit.  The big change was the driver tub, Steve redesigned it and just finished it up before heading off to the 24hrs and surprised me with 67 drawings for it.  :-o   He has designed a lot of tubs (Indy car and GTP) in his career and I am confident everyone that drives this car will be safe. Tony

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #475 on: January 22, 2014, 02:51:19 AM »
Nice to see you back Tony.

Woody or Tony I notice low pressure along the top of the front wheel struts or the A-arms. Although I see the leading edge is high pressure. But isn't low pressure on top of those parts creating lift? Is it as simple as changing the pitch angle to the wind to eliminate it?

Beautiful work Woody.

Offline maguromic

« Reply #476 on: January 23, 2014, 12:48:15 AM »
Wow, nothing gets pass you Saltfever.  :cheers:  I will let Woody answer your question, I am sure he will chime in soon. Tony

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #477 on: January 23, 2014, 08:25:40 AM »
Woody doesn't say if this is speed or pressure ---could be that the strut is symmetrical  and self canceling
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:33:00 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline maguromic

« Reply #478 on: January 26, 2014, 09:46:50 PM »
Congratulations to Steve and the Flying Lizard crew on their first  Daytona 24 hrs win.  Steve has engineered a lot wins on many courses around the world but the Daytona 24hrs has alluded him.  Also a congratulations is due to Woody who also had a hand in their win!  This is even more amazing considering this is their first time out with the new Audi.  :cheers: Tony

Picture is from mororsportsmedia  racemsm.com
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:12:41 PM by maguromic »

Offline Tman

« Reply #479 on: January 27, 2014, 12:16:47 AM »
Congratulations to Steve and the Flying Lizard crew on their first  Daytona 24 hrs win.  Steve has engineered a lot wins on many courses around the world but the Daytona 24hrs has alluded him.  Also a congratulations is due to Woody who also had a hand in their win!  This is even more amazing considering this is their first time out with the new Audi.  :cheers: Tony

Picture is from mororsportsmedia  racemsm.com

That was an amazing race and last 5 minutes! Thoughts go to Memo in his recovery.