Author Topic: Rear Engine Modified Roadster Build  (Read 290134 times)

Offline dw230

Re: Rear Engine Modified Roadster Build
« Reply #420 on: April 25, 2012, 11:15:56 AM »
How can you be "un-subscribed" from a single thread? Once you are on the site I thought you had access to all threads in the forum.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »
Well, it shows you've made 123 replies since you've resubscribed.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #422 on: April 25, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »
Unfortunately, Sparky is probably right "on point".  :wink: However, thanks for being proactive Jon, and keeping a watchful eye out for everyone.  Tony, my apologies for the mini thread drift. Please continue with the fine avatar's, oh and BTW . . . the fine engineering/fabrication reports. :-D

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #423 on: April 25, 2012, 02:55:24 PM »
Stan and Dan I meant that I seemed to be unsubscribed from this specific thread. Any new posting that hits the forum is not automatically sent to all members unless they have turned that feature on. (Jon may correct me on this) A member can elect to subscribe only to specific posts by hitting the "notify" button on that post. They will only receive email notification of that post. I was to be "notified" of this post and few others. It appeared that function had been disabled for me. But . . . Sparky adroitly identified the problem.  :-D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:05:16 PM by Saltfever »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2012, 03:39:34 PM »
You think I can tell you about that feature?  HAH!  I've never tried it, but I guess now I'll have to do that.  I want the machine to send each and every post to me - so I can "inspect" them to make sure it wasn't posted by a spammer or spambot, among other things.  I'll turn on the notifier and see if it does what you say it does.

What?  Why am I implying that I doubt you?  Probably because I'm the kind of learner that does best by doing it myself after the teacher has shown me what to do, that's why.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2012, 04:55:01 PM »
Jon, I have never had all “incoming” posts turned on. Even when Amo owned the forum I subscribed to only a few threads. That feature is incredibly important in our busy lives and allows us to “filter” or focus on what is of current interest. Every post is important; it is just that I have to optimize my time to just get through the day. . .  I wish it wasn’t so.

I still get emails announcing new postings to the threads I have selected.  It was just Tony’s thread that had stopped working. Since I resubscribed to his thread today everything is working fine.

Offline Graham in Aus

« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »
Hi everybody! If you log on every day (like me! :-D) and I'm sure Jon logs on more than once per day!  8-)

You can just hit "Show unread posts since last visit" this generally gives me a couple of pages (maybe three or so when an event is on)

Jon could see at a glance if any spambots had added to threads!

I just filter out what I want to read, this thread of course always on my list!

Sorry, back to normal programming.....

:mrgreen:

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #427 on: June 03, 2012, 02:00:32 AM »
I started working on the swirl tank for the GMC and was lucky enough to find some machined ends from Roush that I had lying around.  The overall height will be 9-10" with a Wiggins on the bottom and a AN on top for the bleeder with three tapered inlets that will wrap around the tank to swirl the water as it comes in.  I am setting up the engine as a dry-deck motor with a manifold on the block scavenging from all six cylinders and two returns from the head.  Hopefully it should be done in the next few weeks.  Tony

I still need to cut the cap mount off and add the AN fitting for the bleeder.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:02:14 AM by maguromic »
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2012, 07:38:58 PM »
Wiggins, Wiggins?

Teaman, stop using those LIMEY words for parts, folks may think you're a sporty car guy who goes around wearing a beany cap with a propeller on it!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline maguromic

« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2012, 11:49:37 PM »
IB, Wiggins clamps are a quick disconnect that are used for high pressure connections and are able to take a misalignment of about 3.5 degrees and makes for a very clean connection. Something I am used to from the sporty car world.  Tony

picture from the net

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #430 on: June 04, 2012, 12:11:05 PM »
Thanks Tony. I googled Wiggins after your post and after about 4 pages of cities and people named Wiggins I gave up. :-D

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #431 on: June 05, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
Wiggins invented and patented their clamp during WWII. It was one of the most reliable and highest quality you could buy. Because of many different manufacturesr today "wiggins" has become a generic name. Unfortunately, quality is all over the map and you can't rely on the sole source of years ago.

Offline maguromic

« Reply #432 on: June 05, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »
Saltfever is 100 percent correct, you have to be very careful when using any of the off brand knock offs, especially the ones coming from China.  All my clamps are Adel-Wiggins, and it gives me a piece of mind I wont have a failure http://www.adelwiggins.com/  Tony

Offline Tman

« Reply #433 on: June 05, 2012, 08:10:32 PM »
Anyone use the similar clamps Pegasus racing sells? I may look at stocking some of these not-so-common pieces with my new parts business.

Offline maguromic

« Reply #434 on: June 05, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »
Trent, Why don't you just stock Adel-Wiggins and not worry about it?  They have everything from -6 on up (I have some 4" clamps for my charge cooler).  Tony