Author Topic: Rear Engine Modified Roadster Build  (Read 290924 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Rear Engine Modified Roadster Build
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2011, 01:06:43 AM »
Sorry to hear that Tony. I hope the recovery goes quickly.

Those of us who have a few more years on our bodies have already discovered that all those athletic activities we thought were supposed to help us maintain a higher quality later in life in actual fact just contribute to the degradation instead. :roll: :roll: :evil:

Pete

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2011, 08:35:24 AM »
Pete 

say it ain't so man, Between BBC heads and Nattie Ls my upper body conditioning alternates between being stressed and being soothed  which I heard was good for one   :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:43:37 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2011, 11:32:58 AM »
Sparky, I think the smooth, simple workouts really do help. It's all those foolish world saving dives to make catches or saves, those long throws that score touchdowns or put runners out and the general collisions of bodies with other bodies and foreign objects that collect their toll in the future. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Okay, back to the real subject. Maybe Tony can now find the time to show all the larger source pictures for his avatars and give us a few sketches of where his overall project is headed. This is one of the more interesting builds using lots of ideas from other forms of racing. The other night I had supper with my friend who owns the Indy cars I last worked on (2003 ex Menard Dallaras). He's selling one of the cars but we were trying to decide what spares we should keep to maybe build a Bonneville project down the line.

Pete

Offline jb2

« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2011, 11:36:36 AM »
ummmm... or you just have bad knees or instability for other reasons.  I tore my ACL while playing laser tag with my boys.  Nothing extraordinary, just a pivot and whamo... a crumpled pile of pain.  Oh yeah, I was shot repeatedly while down.  At least it was not my sons. 

Long recovery, but you do not need your ACL.  I decided I liked to be active and run so I had mine replaced.

Good Luck,
Jim

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #334 on: September 19, 2011, 12:07:21 PM »
Oh that aint nuthin'. blew out the disc at L4 in my back getting out of bed -rough night. :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Tman

« Reply #335 on: September 19, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »
That's why I ride mountain bike and climb frozen waterfalls...............much safer :roll:

Hope you heal well Tony!

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #336 on: September 19, 2011, 04:00:26 PM »
Oh that aint nuthin'. blew out the disc at L4 in my back getting out of bed -rough night. :-D

Yikes, you do have it worse off!  :-o :-o :-o

Pete and everyone ells thanks for the words of encouragements, PM's and the phone calls.  Ia m just upset with myself for doing a bone head move.  I have been surfing for over 30 years and I should have known better.

Trent, I love mountain biking and just came back from a trip to Taho a few weeks ago.  I ride a Santa Cruz downhill bike and its a blast to come down the mountain on.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Tman

« Reply #337 on: September 19, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »

Yikes, you do have it worse off!  :-o :-o :-o

Pete and everyone ells thanks for the words of encouragements, PM's and the phone calls.  Ia m just upset with myself for doing a bone head move.  I have been surfing for over 30 years and I should have known better.

Trent, I love mountain biking and just came back from a trip to Taho a few weeks ago.  I ride a Santa Cruz downhill bike and its a blast to come down the mountain on.  Tony

Then you need to come to the Black Hills some time to ride!

Offline maguromic

« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2011, 02:54:55 AM »
Its not a great picture as it was taken from a cell phone.  But we were able to get the girdle fitted and now we can start on tying everything together and machining the main caps and working out the oiling for the crank. Tony

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #339 on: September 29, 2011, 06:44:50 PM »
Bummer about that ACl! Hope you heal well, and fast!

That 7 main looks the part- all business.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline maguromic

« Reply #340 on: October 17, 2011, 01:00:14 AM »
After looking at the aero and a consensus with everyone on the project we have decided to remove the brakes from the airstream and go with inboard brakes like we had originally drawn.  The only major drawback is that the rotor hat on the right side will be a little deeper than we would like to clear gear cartridges.  Also the simulations showed some flexing of the axle bearing, so to fix that we will go with duel calipers on each side. Tony

Offline Tman

« Reply #341 on: November 16, 2011, 05:44:55 PM »
Thanks Tony, I went and reread some of the things we discussed. Lots of good ideas in your camp. Looking into honeycomb right now.

Offline maguromic

« Reply #342 on: November 17, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »
Trent, Your seat insert part went out today.  Let me know when you get it?  Tony

Offline Tman

« Reply #343 on: November 18, 2011, 12:25:47 AM »
Trent, Your seat insert part went out today.  Let me know when you get it?  Tony

Yes, will do. Thanks! I have more questions and will be in touch.

Offline maguromic

« Reply #344 on: November 18, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »
These are some front and side views of the diffuser and tunnel flow trajectories.  Tony