Author Topic: Mandatory chassis SFI requirements for LSR  (Read 36974 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Mandatory chassis SFI requirements for LSR
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2009, 01:42:53 AM »
I need to get to bed , but this is too much fun, I guess Im not used to it being someone else, Im normally the one getting beat up... now I see why you guys say its so fun. anyway. Carry on. :-D

Rusty,

See you tomorrow and remember that your shift starts at 3:00 pm... :wink:

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2009, 01:49:45 AM »
i'll take the breakfast and lunch shift!
kent

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2009, 01:51:50 AM »
i'll take the breakfast and lunch shift!
kent

Noted, I am pulling a double from 8:00 am until 12:00am I like the overtime... :cheers:

Offline rustyT

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2009, 01:52:11 AM »
One thing about it John,My skin has gotten considerably thicker while hanging around here, but if I caught the crap that dimwit has,I would find me a new place to pose. I dam sure don't know much about LSR, but Ive been there twice with a car and was humbled both times, I have done vary good at every other kind of racing, but that does me very little at the SALT! so to come on here and tell everyone how your going to set down numbers like this clown has, he deserves everything he gets here.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2009, 01:54:59 AM »
Phil,

You in your short LSR history have done more than this clown ever will..

Good luck to you (Phil) in 2009... :wink:

Offline rustyT

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2009, 02:01:21 AM »
Thanks and I will take a double shit as well, but it will have to be the afternoon shift for sure, I have to get up in 3 1/2 hours for my real job, so I will catch up in the morning. Thanks again.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2009, 02:07:12 AM »

Offline Gwillard

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2009, 07:02:03 AM »
Seems Mr. Demmitt's counterpart, "pap", was also banned from the SCCoA forums under at least two different names.
Will weld for beer :cheers:

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2009, 09:12:42 AM »
I am going to put this to you direct forward

All your over and over posts its stupid you all lowered yourself to bickering children. I am not your only thing in life waiting for my posts an obsession so deep so sick its unreal. I never knew one person could turn your little LSR world up side down in your mind in your thoughts. I see a pattern un-like anything I have seen on a forum or club. One must get a life other than an obsession with me its sick look at yourself think about it

Huh????  Anyone out there have a Demmitt to English dictionary?  I already tried google, no luck....  :-P
Stainless....warn a guy before posting something that funny. I just sprayed orange Faygo all over the place.  Jerry
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2009, 11:34:15 AM »
Sorry guys, don't have a belt, don't need one anyway! And my gate crew has already been warned these guys go through me, not them to enter the gates of Salt Heaven.

Bet they come in in a generic car so nobody knows who they are!!

Oh, by the way, in order to drive into the pits, you'd better be there for one of the tech days, because after that, my pit security will only allow pedestrians if proper stickers aren't displayed!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »
How about press one to speak real LSR & English :evil:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

McRat

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »
This post is in case others with the same question are reading this board.  I'm not getting into the personalities, but this question was a question I had to work through to go LSR racing.

The minimum cage requirements on LSR will meet 8.50 NHRA requirements, but not necessarily vise versa, so if you are building a "dual use" racer, you need to read the SCTA book first, then the NHRA second.  Wall thickness is heavier for SCTA, and you need head restraints.  You should also make provisions for a HANS device.  Mitch at Mitch Fabrications built our LSR cage, and while it still at his shop, we had both SCTA and NHRA guys check it over, then had the NHRA guy cert it ($110?).  SCTA doesn't make you pay to cert your cage, but NHRA does.

We attended our first drag race last weekend at Famoso since we upgraded the cage, and they liked it.  We didn't go as fast as we wanted, but that's how it always is.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2009, 01:19:01 PM »
So how did the    all purpose/ drag race/ record breaking/ beer running/ bar hopping/ pick 'em up truck do?
Kent

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2009, 01:22:51 PM »
Kent,

You forgot "sled pulling"

Pat thanks for the info.. :wink:

McRat

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »
So how did the    all purpose/ drag race/ record breaking/ beer running/ bar hopping/ pick 'em up truck do?
Kent

I set a new record for over-reving a Duramax when the truck refused to go into 5th gear, 5250rpm and 123mph in the quarter!  I need to learn what the word "lift" means. :-D

But we've been 130mph before when 5th was working.   :-(

Track prep was poor, and it did a 4wd burnout in the first few gears.  The truck is 400lb heavier than last time we ran it, and most of that is on the nose, which hurts a bit.

Good news was EGT's were 250 F lower with the twins than with a single charger.  It made 62psi boost and held steady without a wastegate.  Small turbo was 90,000rpm, and the big turbo was running at 2.5:1 pressure ratio, so both were centered in their compressor maps. 

And we were the fastest and quickest diesel at the event, but there were only about a half dozen diesels attending.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:52:24 PM by McRat »