Author Topic: Meet Logistics  (Read 5495 times)

landracing

Meet Logistics
« on: October 25, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »
Need more cones to improve the driving of catch vehicles. Limited cones led people to drive all over the place....

aswracing

Re: Meet Logistics
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »
My only logistical complaint was finishing a qualifying pass and not knowing when the backup pass opportunity would be. Sat down at the 10 mile marker for hours waiting for word. Couple times was told it would be soon. Finally gave up and decided it was more important to take the bike back to the pit and work on it to see if I couldn't coax some more speed out of it. After all, there was 5 grand on the line, that was more important than setting some soft record ... and the records were all gonna be soft just because the salt was soft.

But I think that was probably an anomaly, caused by not enough courses and just the sequence of events. Still, something to think about as they plan the logistics for next year.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Oh well
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 06:26:13 AM »
The impression I get is that nothing has changed.
The same methods that could not be seen last time were repeated.
Both the aerial view and rider reports are the same.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

aswracing

Meet Logistics
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 10:40:39 AM »
I can't speak for anyone else, but for the half dozen or so passes we made, event logistics seemed pretty smooth to me. Overall organization and communication seemed much better than last year, they were efficient about running bikes and turning around the course when needed. Not nearly the confusion of last year, they seemed to have good control of things. At least those times when we were running.

It sure is nice to not have to wait for the following morning to do your backup pass. Maximizes your time actually racing.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 12:11:06 PM »
With 1/2 the entries and the 2nd year of operation in the simpest form of motorsports that has been running for many years you should expect smooth operation.
The conditions of the surface make a big difference and can turn off an otherwise good effort.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

landracing

Meet Logistics
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 09:21:29 PM »
I think the event was done pretty darn good this year. Some minor changes and improvements for next year.

Everything ran pretty smooth, for second year operation I see this only improving for next year. The entries could have been because of the bad reports heard from speedweek. I know this is the case for a few who didn't show. Denis put on a good meet. Layed back and fun. The way it should be be.

I guess you should have been there to see for yourself Jack, they do welcome spectators...

Jon

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Actually
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 09:52:41 PM »
Reports from the participants count the most and some seem to know better than others.

landracing

Meet Logistics
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 11:56:19 AM »
I just got some data in from Delvene from the 05 BUB meet. Looks as if the meet was a success from all standpoints. Smoother operating meet, better weather and a whole lotta fun.

The meet is growing, was larger this year with more runs, more records, more entries.  Here attached is a document showing the percentage increases from the 05 meet vs the 04 meet.

aswracing

Meet Logistics
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 01:03:20 PM »
Pretty much confirms my impression of the event: smoother & more efficient. Sure seemed to me like they did a terrific job, not only with running the event but making us feel welcome. Made the event a lot of fun.

Personally, I see a lot of value to us, as racers, in having an alternative event focused on motorcycles. More choices as well as checks and balances. I hope Bub keeps doing this and I intend to support him for as long as he does.

Just wish there was a wee bit more of a gap between the event and WOS. 'Course, that turned out to be a non-issue this year. But I really enjoy WOS and I hate the idea of having to choose between the two.