Author Topic: If only this were true...nice one Kaz  (Read 4383 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
If only this were true...nice one Kaz
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:24:34 PM »
My 1st Time Ever at Bonneville was the 1st BUB Event in 2004,and the course was INSANE ! I hit a 100 yard 1-3 inch deep salt lake in the Middle of the Course and went from 190mph to about 130mph INSANTANTLY and almost went through my Buell Front Fairing! I ave 156mph for that run but Scared Myself silly !
It wasn't till the 250mph Turbo Busa of Hank Booth went 160mph and Said he would'nt Go back again!He said it was the Scariest Ride he'd ever had and that made me Feel 100% better because I thought that's how it was supposed to be! !The Next day the salt had dried out and Hank told me I should go "Test the Salt" and Pointed towards these Mountain's! Well my Dumb A$$ NEVER Riding there before this did'nt realise as I just clicked 5 th gear how Nice and Hard the Salt was "about 130mph to 140mph" I looked up a saw this MIRAGE on the Salt of a Pretty Silverish Lake !   

I Blinked my eye's and when they Opened I just started Skipping across this 6 to 12 inch deep Salt Water Lake at 140 mph!!!! I just touched my front break and I tucked in quick then $HIT!I'm skipping, then sliding across this friggen Lake out in the Middle of the Bonneville Salt Flats! I jump up and my bike is in a Line of Part 100yards away! I'm supposed tobe at the starting Line as I was just going to warm up my bike before I ran and to Test the SALT!I'M AT LEAST 3 OR 4 MILES OUT From Starting Line so No one knew where I was!

I tried to start My V-rod but she was Toast! So now I have to walk back to the Pit's and Thank God I wasn't Hurt or Knocked Out because I could have Died out there Very Easily! As I walked back I heard Big o'l Dually that had seen me Take off the Wrong way a New therre was Trouble out here! He said he heard me till I went into the Lake and new I was in trouble! Needless to say The Bonneville Salt Flat's are a Very Special Place to me. I have about 100 More Crazy Stories and the Scar's to Prove it

"Thank's John Noonan for my Latest one this year" as I was His Pit Bitch for his sidecar world Record this Year and I was dumb enough to Help" SCTA Event's require you to be Towed to and from the line and No Riding in the Pit's so you have to be towed 5 miles to the starting Line! Well I have my NHRA Pro Stock Bike Lic. so I've been Push Towed on a PSM Bike so how hard could it be? Well he tell's me to wrap the tow Rope around my Hand "Never Did it this way before?" and he would pull me behind his Duramax Desiel with the Edge Juice with Attitude! Needless to say as soon as the 40 ft.rope Slackened Tightened he Riped me right off that side hack in to a front flip with a half twist! I got Serious Salt Burn's from that one as I had Short's and No shirt,Helmet,Gloves or anything as didn't think I was going to be Crashing getting Towed to the starting Line!He would'nt let me go to the ambulance and Hold up the race so I got Nice and Sun burned on the salt rash Too !
I Love that Place,and have the Broken Bikes,Body,Marriage, and Check book to prove it!!!!!!

www.superkazracing.com

Super Kaz

Re: If only this were true...nice one Kaz
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 06:12:16 PM »
Never mind it's not worth the bandwith :cheers:.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:48:13 AM by Super Kaz »

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 06:13:04 PM »
I guess I should have put a smiley face in the post so everyone knew it was a funny story.. :cheers:

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 06:16:19 PM »
Kaz,

It was not a slam however it was brought to my attention on another site.. :wink:

Super Kaz

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 06:23:13 PM »

I know what really happened out there,and that is all that matters to me.
Sorry everyone for you inconvenience.
Believe me or Not . 8-)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:54:56 AM by Super Kaz »

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 06:51:50 PM »
Kaz,

There so many things that are not correct in the post about the 2004 Bubs event however I am not surprised you cannot remember them..after all a 140 mph slip and slide can do that to you :-D

Now think about your previous post and I will talk to you later.

J
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:49:49 PM by John Noonan »

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 10:21:39 PM »
KAZ -  Noonan is an amazingly tolerent guy from what I've seen.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 10:38:11 PM »
John,

Thanks for sharing your...ummm...unique experience!!  Enjoyed the chuckle, especially since you lived to tell the tale!!

Thanks again,

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!